• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I have had issues with my .223 die. If I don't lube the bejesus out of the cases, it loves to hold on. (It's an unseasoned new die, hopefully this will end). I spent $15 at Precision and got a Stuck Case Removal tool. It's been invaluable.

Added: I have Hornady equipment/dies with the Zip Spindles. The hammer/punch method will tear the spindle up. I know because this is what I tried first. It shattered the ball expander and bent the spindle. :(

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I used to have a lot of problems out of my Hornady 308 die getting cases stuck, eventually pulled it apart and polished the hell out of the inside, much much less issues now

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Just out of curiosity, was Hornady One Shot case lube used with this stuck case?

Not sure if this question was for me or for the OP. In my case, yes it was. I'm through with One Shot now. I told Andrew about my issue and he hooked me up with a tub of Unique. Things work much better now.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    "Different Strokes"

Most stuck case-cases, listed on INGO have been done with Hornady One Shot==I get that==What I do NOT get is MY experience with this...

I have sized more K's of .223/5.56 brass than a lot on this form have counted, using One Shot and a Redding FL size die.--I have NOT stuck ONE .223/5.56 case using this system.

As per Andrew, I cover a shallow plastic tray with cases, two, or three light passes with One Shot, cover, shake-shake-shake+start sizing...

NOW::As soon as I try to size:22-250, .243, 6MM Rem., .270 Win., .308, 30-06, using One Shot (in the same way as above ^^^), I WILL have a stuck case, in my Redding, or RCBS dies!!

I use Imperial Size Wax, or Dillon Lube for the above rifle calibers, with no stuck case problems. Kind of hard to figure, but that's is what works for me??...Bill.

ngroark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Greensburg
    did it once with lyman case lube... was trying to be conservative... wrong.
    since then started using imperial case sizing wax and have had no problems

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    did it once with lyman case lube... was trying to be conservative... wrong.
    since then started using imperial case sizing wax and have had no problems

FTW! :D

The allure of One Shot is that you can lube a relatively large number of cases at one time, and for those cranking out a lot of ammo on a progressive press, I can see that being a serious advantage. For us one-at-a-timers, the Imperial wax is pretty awesome stuff. I have found it especially useful for case forming of wildcat cartridges. YMMV, but I'll stay away from One Shot.

Top Bottom