• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Like the title says... thank you for ideas. Headed to Oregon to see my daughter and now here for at least 3 hours. Could be worse. Lots of people to watch and hearing some of them complaining about being stuck here for overnight and nowhere to stay...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Beats taking off on time and finding that there was a thunderstorm off the end of the runway, and then the feeling of aluminum shards piercing your body as your body digs itself into the wet ground.

And O'Hare isn't that bad a place to get stuck at. Try Midway or that airport in Houston.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    After being up about 23 hours we got to Portland and Finally made it ! The little kid that whined most of the flight turned out to be a dog that a lady had snuck on and caused a bit a ruckus with the flight attendants
    I thought about following the Dr orders but drank coffe instead. Thanks again for the ideas about keeping busy but was too tired

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Beats taking off on time and finding that there was a thunderstorm off the end of the runway, and then the feeling of aluminum shards piercing your body as your body digs itself into the wet ground.

And O'Hare isn't that bad a place to get stuck at. Try Midway or that airport in Houston.

hubby just got stuck at Houston for a LONG delay, says he'd much rather of been stuck there than O'Hare, guess it's all preference.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    One of the many reasons why I fly out of Midway whenever possible.

It helps that my travel originates in Chicago rather than some backwater where you have to get a bunch of connecting flights.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Midway? You mean Southwest, with "The Fall of Saigon Boarding Method®" [shudder]

View attachment 57225

"This will be the final boarding call for Southwest flight 659, all passengers with a confirmed seat on Southwest flight 659 should be on board"

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    NEVER, EVER, NEVER, fly into, out of, or near EITHER of Chicago's aeropuertas! If I'm flying, and have a start, stop, layover, in either, I find a different flight!

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Coming back from Colorado Springs 10 days ago while pulling to the gate at Ohare we watched as our connecting flight to Indy taxied down the runway. Our flight was the last one out that nite. At 11:30 p.m. rather than get a hotel (without compensation from United Airlines ) and get up early the next morning to take our rescheduled flight home, my wife and I decided to rent a car and make the three hour drive back to Indianapolis even though we wouldn't get home until 3 a.m.

We were pretty shocked when we first were told it would be $200 for the car rental. Imagine our real surprise when the car rental fee total came to $310 with taxes, fees, and the penalty for taking the car one way. Chicago sales tax alone was 21% !
    The next (actually same) day after a few hours rest we also got to drive to the Indianapolis airport to turn in the rental car and pick up our luggage. Even though that part went smoothly it was still not the way I wanted to so no the afternoon. And lastly, since my wife didn't get the free small glass of coke and the stale cookie on the flight home I had to take her out to lunch !

Anyone and everyone who travels a little or a lot probably has a story or two they can relate.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Flying sucks! I had a project in Birmingham, AL; it was faster for me to drive from Indy than flying. You think O'Hare is bad, try ATL's Hart. I left on a Friday to fly home and didn't get home until Sunday night with all the delays. I turned around and left on Monday AM to return to AL and arrived on Tuesday. Driving took me 10 hrs, well worth it.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Flying sucks!
    All the way around it, it just plain sucks.
    I usually just moo as I board.
    Feels like it most of the time.

Best flight I ever had was from O'Hare to SB...
    We had been bumped, moved, delayed 4 times and when we boarded the pilot got on the intercom and told us we would be in SB in 12 minutes, start your watches.
    Next thing I know, we are landing.
    Gave him a high 5 when we got off.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom