• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deereman7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Greencastle
    I have a Daniel Defense 10.3" that is a real shooter. Barnes Tac tx 110 gr using h110 that shoots .5 groups at 100 yards. I've been waiting on my suppressor. Been working on sub loads. I've used h110, 1680 and 220 gr Sierra match king. Not impressed. I'm getting a sd of 30 fps but my groups are almost 2". I realize that it's sub loads so wind doubles the affect. Anyone have any suggestions? My bullet selection is limited in 30 above 168. I'm wanting a good bullet that will expand subsonic. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I'm a bit confused...are you wanting a good sub powder? Or projectile?

Have you tried some of the hornady 208's? Also, when perusing graf's I saw quite a few pills between the 110gr and 208gr weights.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    If you are looking for something to plink with I'm buying coated projectiles that aren't having any issues with my can. Otherwise I have some 208's loaded up from Hornady. Honestly though I can't comment to their expansion. I do not think it's in their design though, their are some cool offerings out there from EBR and other companies that certainly do a good job at expanding but I don't know about a projectile to buy and load for this... I'm in to see what someone may know to work well.

Deereman7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Greencastle
    I'm wanting a good load. And good expanding projectile. 2" in my book is unacceptable. I'm hoping to solve that problem first. Maybe I'll get lucky with expansion. Wet phone book tests show that eld, gmx show great expansion sonic. Just not had time to try subsonic. Thought maybe someone here had some insight or good subsonic loads. Where are you getting your coated bullets?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I get my coated bullets from palmetto projectiles. I think about 11 cents per projectile if I'm not mistaken. I can get my sub loads for around 15 cent (not counting brass). I would give the ELD a go and report back if you don't mind being the one to test it. I know it does super well in other calibers and at higher speeds. You should be able to get it in 208 also. I'm pretty sure it's all roughly the same weights as an amax it's just improved BC and with things like expansion. It's not just a match bullet they say. It's one of the places I would start if I were on this quest at least. It would be a heck of a lot better than paying some of the prices out there for some of the stuff. If you do decide to buy though seriously check out EBR if you are just wanting it for a HD mag or to shoot a pig or something with. They even have some photos of what it does to a hog... It's pretty nasty!

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Not sure if this will help or not, but maybe try to find a flat base projectile with a flat point, in your heavier weight range. Maybe something designed for .30-30?

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I have been working up subsonic loads for my 300 blk lately too. I haven't done any accuracy testing with them, but made my first round of testing focus solely on function and speed.

I was under the impression that, unless you went with the Lehigh subsonic bullets, you wouldn't get expansion from subs. Otherwise, you have to rely on bullet tumble. My preferred load was with the Hornady 225s and 1680. I had problems with the 208s cycling. I think there were some OAL issues.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    If you want a heavy projectile that *truly* expands at subsonic velocities, you need to be looking at Lehigh or Outlaw State...a traditional bullet ain't going to do much if anything with an impact velocity below 1000fps.

Top Bottom