• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Hey y'all. Out of curiosity contacted KelTec and asked if they plan to offer a Sub2000 that will accept Sig320 magazines. They said if they are 'lucky, in 2019, yes!"

I figured this is a good idea since it will be the "fficial pistol of da Army".

The positive response is from "Ericka" in customer service.

What do you think? How long will it take them to roll out?

*Note: If you don't want one and you hate KelTec that's cool too.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Hey y'all. Out of curiosity contacted KelTec and asked if they plan to offer a Sub2000 that will accept Sig320 magazines. They said if they are 'lucky, in 2019, yes!"

I figured this is a good idea since it will be the "fficial pistol of da Army".

The positive response is from "Ericka" in customer service.

What do you think? How long will it take them to roll out?

*Note: If you don't want one and you hate KelTec that's cool too.

Lol, 2019....Kel-tec is king of vaperware. I'd be shocked if you seen a P320 mag version by 2022

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Well here’s the skinny, keltec says they make 2 sub2000 styles, a Glock style and a beretta style the Glock style will be Glock only ie Glock 9 or Glock 40

BUT according to the paperwork that comes in the box, if you purchase the “beretta” style you can buy different mag catches from keltec that makes it take Smith and Wesson m&p, 5900 series, cz, sig 320, p226, and others, I think the paperwork said they’re 6.50 for each catch, now looking at the distributors we buy from,ive never seen the “beretta” style in stock

i do know a guy who had a 1st gen sub2k that took cz and 226 mags, he said he had to take about 4mm off the cz catch to make it take p226 mags (he had both catches)

now what id like to see is gray guns release the p320 ar lower they teased of Facebook I think I’d rather have that, but the sub2k for 320’s would make a great get home trunk gun!

https://www.keltecweapons.com/rifles/sub-2000/

in the paperwork that comes in the box, it lists a part# for the p320 mag catch kit

Last edited:

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Well here’s the skinny, keltec says they make 2 sub2000 styles, a Glock style and a beretta style the Glock style will be Glock only ie Glock 9 or Glock 40

BUT according to the paperwork that comes in the box, if you purchase the “beretta” style you can buy different mag catches from keltec that makes it take Smith and Wesson m&p, 5900 series, cz, sig 320, p226, and others, I think the paperwork said they’re 6.50 for each catch, now looking at the distributors we buy from,ive never seen the “beretta” style in stock

i do know a guy who had a 1st gen sub2k that took cz and 226 mags, he said he had to take about 4mm off the cz catch to make it take p226 mags (he had both catches)

now what id like to see is gray guns release the p320 ar lower they teased of Facebook I think I’d rather have that, but the sub2k for 320’s would make a great get home trunk gun!

https://www.keltecweapons.com/rifles/sub-2000/

in the paperwork that comes in the box, it lists a part# for the p320 mag catch kit

Shooter Six, you're referring to the Gen 2 I take it? Do you have a Gen 2 Beretta type? I see Beretta catches are available on the site if you have the "multimag" type. I didn't see a P320 catch, just the 226.
    What is the part number for it listed on your paperwork?

If they could be found, or an existing catch modified, I think I'd order them just to test them out. The Beretta types are $12.99 on the site.

What magazines are most similar to the 320 from other manufacturers?

I want the Sub2000 specifically for its folding capability. "Welcome to the fold" their website says. l:):

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Shooter Six, you're referring to the Gen 2 I take it? Do you have a Gen 2 Beretta type? I see Beretta catches are available on the site if you have the "multimag" type. I didn't see a P320 catch, just the 226.
    What is the part number for it listed on your paperwork?

If they could be found, or an existing catch modified, I think I'd order them just to test them out. The Beretta types are $12.99 on the site.

What magazines are most similar to the 320 from other manufacturers?

I want the Sub2000 specifically for its folding capability. "Welcome to the fold" their website says. l:):

I don't own one, but the paperwork on the gen 2 is the one that lists the multimag capability, and shows the extra parts from keltec ( I work in a shop that has a gen 2 for sale) i'll look on Saturday and see if it shows the part number, my friend who had the one that would take cz and 226/228/229 mags had a gen one.

when I saw the paperwork on the gen 2 that said it'd take p320 mags, I got kind of giddy, thinking that man, ive got 6-320 compact mags, and that it'd be pretty cool to shoot it at steel challenge matches, but I read the paperwork wrong, and thought all 2nd gen sub2k's had interchangeable mag releases, told the shop owner that I was buying it!, then reread the paperwork about the glock version vs the beretta version, and had to say sorry don't want it.

I assume the big difference in the "glock vs beretta" version is the magazine angle, and since glocks point at a different angle that's the reason they make "2" versions.

but like I said in my first post, I read on a facebook group (for gray guns) the question asked (by bruce gray) asking what people would be willing to pay for a ar15 lower that'd take p320 mags, that's what I'm now wanting!, I was on the phone with gray guns and asked about the status on them, and they said that "that was mike grasso's project"and in the future sometime...(mike if your reading this, any update?)

ive also asked freedom ordnance if they'd make a 320 lower, (talked face to face with the owner and asked) he said were working 24-7 and cant keep up with the demand for the glock lower ar's that they already make.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I bought an M&P 9c awhile back, found out K-T offers the SUB 2000 with the M&P mag option, would love to get one! I noticed that the G19 option, is about $50 or more than the G17, or others.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I bought an M&P 9c awhile back, found out K-T offers the SUB 2000 with the M&P mag option, would love to get one! I noticed that the G19 option, is about $50 or more than the G17, or others.

ill look at the price point on them this weekend, I really don't think i'd pay 50.00 more for the one that takes the glock 19 mag, ive got a dremel!, a guy at work cut his glock 22 version down to take his glock 23 mags

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

I did not know this. I will have to check it out.

...of course a Marlin Camp 9 that takes M&P magazines would be a sure sale for me...but I think that will only appear in an alternate universe.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    so im looking at the paperwork for the sub2k we have in stock
    according to the insert in the box, the sub2k's made from 4th quarter 2015 to 1st quarter 2018 can use any mag catch BUT the p320
    but any made after 2nd quarter 2018 will take any adapter including the p320
    but fyi the part number for the p320 adapter is s2k-205p320
    and for the m&p is s2k-205mp

there are 7 total plates for 7 different mags beretta,cz,s&w m&p, s&w 59, sig p226, sig p320, canik tp9, and these are for the "multi mag model" (ie NON glock)

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Hmm. Thanks for that! So why did the company entertain making a specific model around 320 mags if they already have adapters for them? Or was the rep unaware?

If you Google Sub2000 multimag, it brings up a PDF with all of them from KT.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom