• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm interested in buying a new handgun, I want something accurate, full size, and fun to shoot. A lot of guys I shoot with have invited me to "friendly" competition shoots where a handful of guys meet up and shoot for fun and usually wager a small amount of money where the winner donates the money to our local range. Most of my handguns are compact and have stiff triggers although I'm somewhat accurate with them I cant compete much past 10 yards.

I'm looking for a semi auto, full size, 9mm, .40, or .45. I would like it to be $600 or less.

Any suggestions????

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    i carry the glock 22 4th gen on a daily basis. very comfortable gun for my hands. it's a full size gun. but it's fun to shoot and gets the job done.. (yes, it's a glock)

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    If your main goal is accuracy, you can't beat a CZ-75B or a Browning Hi-Power. Under $600 you might need to get a hi-power clone. Those are arguably 2 of the most inherently accurate 9mm handguns.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I'm interested in buying a new handgun, I want something accurate, full size, and fun to shoot. A lot of guys I shoot with have invited me to "friendly" competition shoots where a handful of guys meet up and shoot for fun and usually wager a small amount of money where the winner donates the money to our local range. Most of my handguns are compact and have stiff triggers although I'm somewhat accurate with them I cant compete much past 10 yards.

I'm looking for a semi auto, full size, 9mm, .40, or .45. I would like it to be $600 or less.

Any suggestions????
    You can buy 3 Hi Points for $600 get a 9mm, .40, and .45

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Any modern handgun that you can buy will be more accurate than you are as a shooter.
    If you want something "fun to shoot" the 9mm could be a good option, since it's cheaper than other calibers you can have more fun/time at the range for less money.
    You cant go wrong with the Glock 17 for that.

ngroark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Greensburg
    i would second the vote for glock 17 or 22... both lots of fun and easy to handle.. of course i still wonder about some of those fnh model fnp or fnx... both look and feel great..

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    How about a 1911, there isnt much that the platform hasnt excelled at in the handgun relm. If recoil or ammo costs are an issue, find one in 9mm.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    If your main goal is accuracy, you can't beat a CZ-75B or a Browning Hi-Power. Under $600 you might need to get a hi-power clone. Those are arguably 2 of the most inherently accurate 9mm handguns.

I second this. You can probably find a used HiPower for less than $600, too.

Either of these would be great guns. They're comfortable, easy to shoot, and accurate. Plus, not everybody has one of these.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana

Any suggestions????

Ruger fullsize. You can pick up a used one for next to nothing and spend the rest on ammo and practice.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    +1 for the 1911. A Rock Island can be had for $400-500 NIB. They are accurate reliable and very much fun to shoot and easy to shoot. I'm more accurate with my RIA1911 than I am with my XD40sc. I'm sure the extra 2" of barrel length makes the differance.

Top Bottom