• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Juday

Plinker
    Jul 12, 2011
    So, I'm looking for your suggestions on a GOOD folding knife. Roughly 6" overall length (opened) and a 2.5" - 2.75" blade. The Beretta knife I have now just doesn't want to hold an edge anymore and I want something that will stay nice and sharp for a LONG time. So, what are your thoughts?:popcorn:

I would LOVE to have an ESEE Izula Folder......................................if they ever come out. :(

Juday

Plinker
    Jul 12, 2011
    Some good suggestions so far! Those Spyderco knives are definitely interesting....

Nothing has really jumped out at me, yet. The relationship between a person and their knife is pretty deep. So, it's got to be love at first sight.... :D

Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    There are a lot of good suggestions in this thread. Since one of the main points that you have stressed is...... staying sharp for a long time, I believe if you pick a knife that uses some of the better steels like S30V, S35VN, CPM-M4, M390, D2, and some of the carpenter steels you will meet your staying sharp requirement. Now, it is just a matter of finding a knife with the ergonomics that fit you the best. :twocents:

Last edited:

tacticalfan72

Plinker
    Apr 10, 2012
    For around a couple hundred dollars the benchmade 755 mpr is a great choice with an overall length of 6.9 inches and M390 steel which as Brad said holds its edge for significantly longer than 440C or 8CR13MOV (steels in the less than $50 price range usually) handled one from Brad and loved the ergonomics and smooth action

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    For around a couple hundred dollars the benchmade 755 mpr is a great choice with an overall length of 6.9 inches and M390 steel which as Brad said holds its edge for significantly longer than 440C or 8CR13MOV (steels in the less than $50 price range usually) handled one from Brad and loved the ergonomics and smooth action

This is the perfect knife as long as you don't need a really large handle. I absolutely love mine :thumbsup:.

Juday

Plinker
    Jul 12, 2011
    I do really like that Benchmade! Is that one available for purchase, Brad? If so, how much are we talking?

Also, what color options are available?

Thanks fellas! :cheers:

Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I do really like that Benchmade! Is that one available for purchase, Brad? If so, how much are we talking?

Also, what color options are available?

Thanks fellas! :cheers:
    If we are talking about the Benchmade 755 MPR the only options are the blade finish, either a silver finished blade or a coated black finished blade. There are no other options for this model. I have the black finished blade in stock at $205.00 and that is a special INGO price.

Mackey

Master
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I'm in the market for a new folder as well. But I'm leaning towards spending less than 100 bucks. I'm liking on the Spyderco Tenacious with the Black Blade

tenacious.jpg

Very light and reportedly sturdy, has and able to keep a razor sharp edge.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kZYxA3EuXg[/ame]

Last edited:

Juday

Plinker
    Jul 12, 2011
    If we are talking about the Benchmade 755 MPR the only options are the blade finish, either a silver finished blade or a coated black finished blade. There are no other options for this model. I have the black finished blade in stock at $205.00 and that is a special INGO price.

I don't mind the black finished blade. What color is the handle? I only ask because I'm looking at images on the web and they're showing them in green, tan, black, teal and all sorts of colors.

tacticalfan72

Plinker
    Apr 10, 2012

Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I don't mind the black finished blade. What color is the handle? I only ask because I'm looking at images on the web and they're showing them in green, tan, black, teal and all sorts of colors.

Standard models have green G-10, but that doesn't mean that there might be some other colors out there that are exclusive to certain companies/dealers.

The picture of the one in the link that tacticalfan 72 posted is the standard model which is the one I have in stock.

Top Bottom