• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    I have a Glock 30 and it is a little bulky for everyday carry, but I also feel we should have open carry across this country, so I don't really care. Kimber has some .45's that are nice as well as Colt, Kahr and Para.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have a Sig P6 that I carry on a daily basis, I'm looking to trade up to a .45 something not too bulky, I'm open to suggestions.
    220px-Musee-de-lArmee-IMG_1038.jpg

Here is a non-bulky 45...

But honestly, unless you are just looking for an excuse for a new gun, the 9mm should be more than adequate for SD. Sigs are solid pistols, and should handle +P ammo just fine. You already own it, I would imagine that you are familiar with it, so it would be a fine choice. If you are set on a .45, then take a look at the P220 pistols, I am sure that you can find one that fits what you are looking for, and you will be familiar with the manual of arms for the Sig.

John778

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    What about the XDM? I've heard good things, anyone have one and love it?

I have a XD Sub Compact....love it!!

Think it would be a great winter CC, but for summer I got a Beretta 21/22cal

EDIT Watch the ammo in the Beretta, fussy...

:ar15:

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    Carry Gun

Springfield XD 45ACP Compact. A half inch longer than a Glock 19. 10 Round magazine for concealed carry, and uses the 13 rnds mags from the full size Xds also. My son and I each own one. Great Gun. Check out this gun and the Glock 30.

BountyHunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Gibson County
    Best of both worlds......

I like my Para-ordnance WartHawg .45, I carry everyday everywhere.
    Nice double stack mag 10+1 in the pipe 3 inch barrel, looks great feels great.
    Some one on here has one for $600 that is a steal!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'd jump on it if I didnt already have one.:ingo:

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    I like single-action, metal guns and 'course I might be biased but I love my Colt Defender: 6 3/4" long, 3.0" barrel, slide is .910" and it weights in at 22 1/2 ounces and carries 7+1.

Hazwhopper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    How about the new Remington release......The R1.
    It is new at Plainfield Valley Shooters for 609.00 It is suppose to be match grade out of the box. It was released in 2010. Has gained in price since then. They are always on back order. Reviews are good.
    I shoot the RIA Match grade. It is great and like the price.

bschmidt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I know its not a .45 but Kahr's PM9 is pretty hard to beat as a carry gun. Small enough to fit in a pocket but big enough that it is easy to control. Keep a 6 round mag in the gun (flush fit) and a 7 rounder in your pocket and you should be ready for about anything short of all out war. If you really want to go nuts, put a CTC laser on it and you have one great defensive piece.

Top Bottom