• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    This summer, our local group of trikers has been racking up the miles in North Central Indiana and Western Ohio. The highlight of the year is the annual Fort Recovery, Ohio ride. We start in Fort Recovery and ride to Munster, Ohio, where we have lunch at the Cottage Cafe. https://www.facebook.com/Cafeminster/​ Then we head North to New Bremen, Ohio and the Bicycle Museum of America. Next stop is an afternoon break in the park on the east side of Grand Lake St Marys. Then we take the bike route on the North side of the lake to Celina, with a stop for a cold beer at Big Bamboos Bar & Grill. Then we take the Coldwater trail and county roads back to Ft Recovery. We rode 62 miles with lots of laughing, joking, and beautiful scenery.

Start of the ride from Ft Recovery to Munster, Ohio. When traffic is coming, we fall into single file and hug the edge of the road.

100_2521.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Ken has been riding recumbents for 30 years. He is 83 years old.

100_2527.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Dave A, Dave H and Tony on their trikes. Dave H is drinking cold water out of a cooler mounted on his trike. Tony is the owner of Victory Bike shop in Kokomo, where we all purchased our trikes. Victory Cycle Co. LLC - Indiana`s Largest Recumbent Shop

100_2526.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Jim in the Bicycle Museum of America in New Bremen. Bicycle Museum of America

100_2529.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Rebecca on the bike trail at Grand Lake St Marys.

100_2531.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Ron on the Coldwater Trail heading back to Fort Recovery. Some of the trikes have a BionX Pedal Assist motor added to them, to help extend the range of some of our older riders. http://ridebionx.com/technology/our-technology/

100_2533.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

This group meets every Thursday in Greentown/Kokomo and has a great time on the local roads/ trails. We have already completed one Century on the Cardinal Greenway trail, and many 60-80 mile rides this summer.

Last edited:

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    See - I told you. Eighty plus looks and not one response. No one else knows what recumbent trikes are ! Nor what they're missing for cycling exercise without having a numb tailbone, crunched up nut sack, and a sore neck !

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    See - I told you. Eighty plus looks and not one response. No one else knows what recumbent trikes are ! Nor what they're missing for cycling exercise without having a numb tailbone, crunched up nut sack, and a sore neck !

The secret is slowly leaking out. First time I rode 100 miles and got off my trike pain free, I was amazed, grateful and happy. The most profound immediate difference in riding a trike, is how much more that I see around me. I am not just staring at the road, but looking all around at the world as it passes by. Then I noticed that my groin, hands, wrists, neck and shoulders didn't hurt.

This year, the guys at Victory have had a steady pace of new trike customers. Many come from as far away as Bloomington, South Bend, Indy and Lafayette. They are now one of the best trike dealers in the country. Our little trike group now averages 12 riders on Thursdays and 16 on the weekend rides. I plan on getting out tomorrow for a 20-30 mile ride in the afternoon.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Just returned from another 100 mile ride. Beautiful day with perfect temp and little humidity. 100.1 miles total in 8:00 hours of riding. 12.5 mph average speed.

Top Bottom