• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Me too. I guess they finally figured out that the American consumer is gonna slurp up whatever the advertisers spoon feed them, no matter what it tastes like.

Know what? I had no idea what many of the commercials were even selling. But I do have to agree that they weren't as good as past years. I still don't know, and don't care what the puppy monkey baby was trying to sell.

Whatever happened to the hot bikini women drinking wine coolers on the beach while jiggling T&A?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I thought the Budweiser ad with Helen Mirren was well done. I don't imagine she drinks that swill, though.

Yeah, but, I don't know appreciate someone trying to sell me swill they can't even stomach!

So, Peyton was angling for a big time promotion with those swill-slinger, right?

At least he could have promoted his local swill-slinger, Coors (I do like the Banquet Beer).

I'm not sure I comprehend the Superbowl - for one night we all collectively love the advertisements that are trying to consciously and subconsciously influence into buy buying crap we don't want or need?

Am I the only one that doesn't give a darn about commercials or pop stars and flag waiving kids at halftime?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    For the most part, I thought the commercials were lackluster.

What happened to the rumored Dos Equis commercial that was to have retired the Most Interesting Man In The World ad campaign?

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    I also liked the apartments.com ad. When "George and Weezy" turned out to be George Washington and Lil Wayne, I lost it. Super funny! Though I'm pretty sure the majority of people watching that probably had to ask their kids why it was funny.

The ad with Drake also had me laughing pretty good. He's known for self-deprecating all the way to the bank. These phone companies know they suck yet they're taking us to the bank anyway too. I thought that was a good acknowledgement.

The Bud Light commercial definitely pushed the limit with "large caucuses" but that's to be expected from Seth & Amy. The lack of Budweiser commercials was trending on my feed all night and until Peyton gave his TWO endorsements, I thought maybe they were just saving their money. Well played, Budweiser. Well played.

Doritos, Taco Bell and Mt. Dew have had crazy commercials the last few years. They didn't disappoint.

Car commercials weren't anything special though I thought most were done well... and now I want a 206 mph Audi. The Prius campaign makes sense because it's basically a big vagina and they're working to change that image.

Other than that, no real zingers. I wouldn't say they were lackluster but there weren't any really awesome zany ones like there have been in years past. Definitely no bikini shots or jigglies like we used to see. I miss that. I guess the demographic is changing and commercials are changing to reflect that. The halftime show is proof. No rock and roll, just blah pop music all mashed up in a "happy and beautiful" message. At least last year we got to see Katy Perry's hotness for a few minutes. Beyonce looked like she wanted to kill us with her Amazonian army. And who's Coldplay? Is that what's on when you get in a Prius?

jtdet01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Best Superbowl Commercial: Snickers... Willem Dafoe --> Marilyn Monroe (classic scene on street grate)
    Worst: puppybabymonkey

Top Bottom