• ...and so much more!
  • GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    OK y'all.

Two minutes left in the San Francisco - New Orleans game.

I'm calling my predicted Super Bowl 'match-up' ......right here and now, for the game here in Indy.

49'ers - Patriots :rockwoot:

Who thinks I'm wrong?

*My bad. Mis-typed; Pats, not Packers......

Last edited:

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I Put money on SF for this game, they made me look like I knew what I was talking about.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Now if my second upset for the weekend pays off tomorrow and NYG can beat GB, I will have a very good weekend.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    The Packers are going to have their hands full tomorrow, Eli is good, Aaron is great! Packers- 49ers NFC game I don't care who in the AFC....ok I dislike Brady a whole lot!

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I Wont be mad if any of the remaining teams EXCEPT the patriots win it all. I would hate to see Brady hoisting the Lombardi trophy on the Colts home turf. Of the remainders though, I have to say it would be nice seeing the G-men or the Ravens win it.

hate R. Lewis, and I think it would be ironic if they win it in indy, but those are the 2 I would like to see, not necessarilly the 2 I think it will come down to.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Well, the 'Niners are a step closer...... :D

I truly believe that they 'want' it, badly. And Harbaugh should be the "Coach of the Year".

In all honesty, I would hate to see the Pats win it all.

And I would 'like' to see the Packers repeat. Rogers is "the man"! But the Giants are real tough, too...... and I like Manning at QB.

Who knows!?

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Harbaugh brothers super bowl show down!! Niners vs. Ravens

49ers fan here. That game had me stressed to the max. Up, down, up, down.... No matter who the niners face next weekend they have what it takes. They showed tonight that the can defend a pass ofense (Packers), and they've had the best rushing defense all season. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    LOL, OK now I agree.:):

If the Packers get past the Giants, which I think they will, they are going to have their hands full with the Niners. San Fran is for real.

It could be 20 below 0 at that gaem lol (they would play in green bay right?)... I dont see the niners taking GB

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Here's the irony of this year's match-ups......

I don't know if the Giants can beat the Packers. But they might!

I don't know if the Ravens, or Texans, either one.... can beat New England. But they might.

49ers won. So, they meet either the Giants or the Pack. I think SF can beat the Giants (maybe)..... but will be real surprised, if they can beat Green Bay. But they might.

I too, tho, think the Patriots.... are a given for the Super Bowl.

I also think Rogers and the Pack.... might be on the virge of "a dynasty" run. :draw:

So in other words.......I don't have a clue........ :D

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Every time a team wins, it looks a lot better than it actually is. San Fran benefited from one of the sloppiest games between 2 "contenders" that I've seen for a while. I love Jim Harbaugh and yes, he deserves coach of the year. I also love how they never gave up on the game. A lot of teams would have gone stupid and gotten all worked up about the clock instead of moving the chains on the last drive. Also, having Smith run for that touchdown was ballzy and I never saw that coming.

My breakdown for the other teams from most likely to least likely to win it all.

GB-too many weapons on offense. Can utilize all those weapons, even in the cold. NYG and Baltimore are the only defenses that can hang with the offense in any way. The Pats D will get torn up by GB in the SB. Interested to see SF go up against them. Even though they shut down the Saints and their weapons, they were given a lot of help.

NYG-Solid D line makes life easier on every other defensive player. These guys are scary. Eli runs the 2 minute drill as well as anyone in the league right now. Could possibly lose to the Pats in the Superbowl due to the quick passes not allowing the pass rush to develop. I don't see Alex Smith doing well with these guys coming at him though.

Pats-When their offense is on, they are simply the best in the league. They will pass for 5-10 yards all the way down the field and always leave Welker and Woodhead enough room to possibly break it on you. Gronkowski is nearly impossible to match up with. Double Welker and Woodhead and Gron and Hernandez will make you pay. On the downside, their defense is WEAK! Tebow played an average game (for him) last night. He rarely put up more than 10-20 points this season during his big win streak. Any true passing quarterback will dismantle this secondary.

Baltimore-Great D, Great running game. Could very possibly beat the Pats like they did a few years ago. Joe Flacco is just good enough to make you keep 4-5 guys out of the box to prevent the home run play. Nothing too exciting about this team, all their games should be grinders. As soon as the other team's score goes over 17, they don't look as good.

SF-I love the energy and they play some tough man-to-man D but I just don't see them being able to hang around with the big dogs unless they win the turnover battle in huge fashion like they did yesterday. They would face some huge match up problems with both the Pack and Pats. NY and Baltimore would both make their offense really stretch to get the job done. Having the next round at home makes their chances of seeing the Super Bowl much better but I see their luck running out soon.

Houston-I can't see them winning today. Weather is going to be freezing and they're down to their 3rd string QB. Arian Foster is the real deal, but so is Ray Lewis. Again, they play tough defense but I don't see the offense being able to put enough points on the board to take the game. If special teams can come up with a few turnovers or a touchdown or two, this could be their game, I'm not seeing it, though.

There you guys go. Plenty to discuss and flame me over, especially after my predictions go wrong. With the Colts being out of it (as of week 4) I just want to see some great football. Give me 5 more games similar to the SF game yesterday, and I'll be happy.

Top Bottom