• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • athyen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    Tipton county
    I am going to be purchasing an Allen Engineering AEM5 suppressor soon. They are manufactured in Nevada. I will be purchasing from a dealer here in Indiana. How does the process and wait times work? Here is how I am assuming the process works:

1. "Purchase" the suppressor from the dealer
    2. Some sort of form is filed to transfer the suppressor from Nevada to Indiana (wait time on this?)
    3. Form 4 is filed once my dealer has the suppressor in hand
    4. Wait
    5. Anxiously wait
    6. Forms approved, stamp in hand
    7. Suppressor in hand

Step 2 is what I am confused on. I am not sure what the process is to transfer the suppressor state to state. Or if there even is a process? Thanks all! After forming my NFA trust I am anxious to start collecting stamps!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    For a Form 4 trust, the wait time for the stamp is running about 90 days from the date it goes Pending, which you will only know if you call ATF a couple weeks after the check is cashed. Figure 4 months from the date you send it in. Roughly.

Oh, and be absolutely sure you check the forms that the dealer will fill out. The first time I got the form, it looked like I was buying a Spanish-version suppressor. The rare Gemtech Hola. (It is really a "Halo" but there was a typo. They redid it, though, before I submitted it.)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yes. My understanding is that the Form 3 records the dealer-dealer transfer.

athyen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    Tipton county
    For a Form 4 trust, the wait time for the stamp is running about 90 days from the date it goes Pending, which you will only know if you call ATF a couple weeks after the check is cashed. Figure 4 months from the date you send it in. Roughly.

Oh, and be absolutely sure you check the forms that the dealer will fill out. The first time I got the form, it looked like I was buying a Spanish-version suppressor. The rare Gemtech Hola. (It is really a "Halo" but there was a typo. They redid it, though, before I submitted it.)

4 months is much better than the 8-10 he has told me!! I will make sure to look over the forms. The hola is made by Silencio, right??? ;)

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    4 months will only be if you are filling out the Form 4 as a Trust. If you are filling it out as an individual it will most likely be the 8-10 he quoted you.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Form 3 wait times are not set in stone. It used to be that each dealer had a examiner that we knew and had a good relationship. At that time we knew how "they were" or could email and get a heads up on ave wait times. Now when you fax or mail a form it could be one of several examiners that gets your paperwork. ATF examiners like any other worker in America run from awesome to retired of duty.

So, form 3's SHOULD take 2-3 weeks, but in reality I have waited 12 weeks more then once.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom