Suppressor: SilencerCo Hybrid or Surefire SOCOM 300 SPS?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HMMurdock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Greenwood aka G-Wood
    A local dealer has a Surefire 300 SPS supressor and a SilencerCo Hybrid. It will be going on an M1A SOCOM 16, but I'm leaning toward the Hybrid so I can use it on pistols later if I want to. Does anyone have any advice for against one or the other! Thanks!

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    The hybrid seems like a decent jack of all trades, but master of none. If I was buying only one can, the hybrid would probably be it. If I were buying a rifle can, with the intentions of later buying a pistol or rimfire can I don't think I'd buy either one of those.

Do you have or plan to buy any more cans?

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    The surefire QD is arguably one of the best. The hybrid has the option of purchasing the ASR module, which gives you a pretty solid QD system. Maybe not quite as good as surefire, but it's a proven solid performer.

If you plan for one can, it seems the SilencerCo Hybrid or Griffin Optimus 9 are the two top contenders right now. The Griffin has the advantage of being take apart and modular for size, which will allow for use of .22

The Hybrid will allow for bigger bore options, such as .45 acp and several big bore rifle calibers, but won't do .22 due to the can being sealed.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My Surefire can has never come loose from the mount but the direct thread SAS can I have only ever loosened up once (I've got 4K+ through the SAS and probably 6K through the Surefire). I've had issued getting both of them off of the rifles several times, the Surefire is easier to deal with as long as you can shoot a few rounds through it.

I don't know anything about the Hybrid but I've been happy with my Surefire. When I bought it my biggest priority was durability as I knew it would see thousands of rounds and I'd get it roasting hot on a regular basis. It's not the quietest can out there but I'm not disappointed with the suppression.

HMMurdock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Greenwood aka G-Wood
    I've looked into what all I have to do. I found a direct thread adapter for the SOCOM-16 by Delta P. If I go Surefire I'll need the Surefire brake for the Quick Detach mount. I'm trying to figure out what else I will need...

Top Bottom