• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Yep, think of the neighbors, the children, the neighbors' children… I bet the people around MCF&G would love it if we were all shooting suppressed most of the time there.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Yep, I could easily make a suppressor in my shop. some company could clean house with 80% kits. Good lord!!!

It would be much quieter at the range too.

Those exist now and are pretty decent. The additional tax stamp makes it a slower option for me tho.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I'd have one if it was for the tax stamp, and hassle of the trust etc.

Trusts aren't required for NFA items, just nice to have.

I love all my suppressors and can't imagine shooting without them. If they're removed, great and fantastic. If not, I'll still buy more, it'll just take longer to get more

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Exactly. I've gotten spoiled to the point that I really don't want to shoot a rifle without a suppressor. I bought an optimus thinking one would do for multiple rifles. It does, but I'd rather have one for each now.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Trusts aren't required for NFA items, just nice to have.

I love all my suppressors and can't imagine shooting without them. If they're removed, great and fantastic. If not, I'll still buy more, it'll just take longer to get more

Exactly, individual is easy now, and trusts are a pain in the butt to file. Weird how many people think they have to have a trust.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I bet some on here would. I remember a year or so ago there was a thread talking about constitutional carry in Indiana. A few were against it unless the state would refund their 100 bucks they paid for a lifetime permit.

I would gladly pay an ADDITIONAL $100 if it would guarantee that the need for a license would go away.If we get constitutional carry, it would be harder to further restrict in the future.

I've not purchased a can at all due to the extra for the stamp, regardless of the paperwork and wait.

I would love to see this pass.I would buy several different calibers in relatively short order.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Think this is the one reasonable NFA deletion, and I hope like crazy it happens! Surely companies could keep up without crazy hours, it's not like they don't browse the interwebs too! Lol

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Don't forget the other advantages of Trusts within the context of this discussion, primarily the fact that any Trustee can possess and use the items it holds, and the clarity they bring to succession.

junk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    state of confusion
    It is legit. Safe Hearing Act/Bill that was previously introduced.
    I see this as a good thing. Prices may increase slightly, but with the ability to walk out that day with a suppressor I would be okay with it.
    Also do not forget; you are considered a "responsible" gun owner in the EU if you purchase a suppressor, which mind you you can legally purchase at any store and walk out with that day.

whats stopping a person , if in the EU , from buying one and bringing it home ?

Top Bottom