• ...and so much more!
  • epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have some. I bought them to put under my electronic muffs for a tad bit more protection. They work okay, but offer little protection and weren't all that comfortable under my muffs. I went back to muffs only after a few tries.

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    I stumbled across a pair at Blythe's today, so I bought them. They are really comfortable. Way more comfortable than the Sonic Ear Valvs I have. I will be wearing them to shoot tomorrow night and will check back in with a review.

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    I shot at an indoor range with these plugs today. They work quite well. All of the harshness was taken out of the gunshots, but I could still hear conversation. Like I said yesterday, they are incredibly comfortable, too. The only problem I had was getting a good seal in my left ear. The plug kept wanting to slip out a little. I think that is a problem with my ear canal, and not the plug. My Sonic Ear Valvs do the same thing in the same ear.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I really like mine, but I too have some problems keeping the seal. I think I probably need a larger size.

I've seen them at Gander Mountain in Terre Haute, although I don't know if they stock different sizes. I don't know how to select a size either, without trying them.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I really like mine, but I too have some problems keeping the seal. I think I probably need a larger size.

I've seen them at Gander Mountain in Terre Haute, although I don't know if they stock different sizes. I don't know how to select a size either, without trying them.

I got mine from midway and I went with the "large" as opposed to the standard. I just had a gut feeling that I would need them based on the fact that everything else I wear is a "large" (usually with some X's in front of it ;) ). They seem to fit fine.

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    I don't know if you can get larger sized inserts, I think the sizing is for the silicone piece that rests in your ear, out of the canal.

I tried them with the plugs in and out, but mostly out so I could hear range commands. I would have switched to something better if the noise had been painful, harsh, or overly loud. Using them without the plugs, I didn't have any ear ringing when I took them out of my ears, nor do I have any today. I also didn't have the plugged up feeling you get after a concert or something as you "readjust" to quiet from such loud places. I guess it is possible that I did some long-term damage to my hearing, but I think I am fairly safe because I haven't noticed any of the usual signs of things being too loud. I guess I will know for sure when I get older.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If it's short term and doesn't cause any discomfort, it's probably not hurting you. On the other hand, if you heard something and thought, "Wow! That was loud!," it's probably not good for you. :D

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    If it's short term and doesn't cause any discomfort, it's probably not hurting you. On the other hand, if you heard something and thought, "Wow! That was loud!," it's probably not good for you. :D

That was pretty much my thought on it. Besides, what will I need to hear when I am 80? I don't want to listen to my kids and grandkids talking about how frail I am.

Top Bottom