• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt.45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Hey ladies and gents... Just went and checked out the surplus store in Brazil In.. It was kind of small but they had boots, jackets, flashlights, some gilly suits, some rain gear, some helmets, canteens, lights, a few sleeping bags, they had some knifes but not of good quality, some military packs, and some body armor--> I think it will just stop 9mm, and there were MRE's there also. That was about it I may have missed out on a few various items but it is kinda of a whole in the wall place, very tucked away. The staff was pretty friendly although the owner wasn't there, his wife was which helped me the best I could. There prices were hard to find nothing was marked but the ones that I do fine were: used digital pants $25, MRE's were $5 or if u bought two or more cases (case =12 meals) it was $50 per case, used boots were $30-$35, new boots $65, sleeping bags I think were $30 and that's all I could see. A lot of his items were not marked which makes I hard but i hope this helps!

Colt.45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Thanks for the list. Do any/many of these guys carry steel cable (like 3/32 7x7) for building heavy snares? (for coyotes) Thanks[/QUOTE

!!!!!!! No but if you know where to find brass snare wire please let me know thanks! Just personal message me ! - Colt.45

Colt.45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Also just to let everyone know I am assembling a BOB it's still in the works and probably will still e a few months but my aim is to have pics and a listing of everything included n my pack.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Madison County Guns
    612 S Park Ave
    Alexandria IN 46001-2449 They are probably closest to me and sell military surplus and there is also one towards kokomo Brian's Surplus 5925 E 00 North S, Greentown

Colt.45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Madison County Guns
    612 S Park Ave
    Alexandria IN 46001-2449 They are probably closest to me and sell military surplus and there is also one towards kokomo Brian's Surplus 5925 E 00 North S, Greentown

How are their prices and what's their inventory look like?

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I will say those two are the only ones I have been in for probably a good 20 years. I am from Nashville, Tn and they had a huge surplus store there. Both shops are a little on the small side but looked like they had decent inventory and the prices didnt look bad. If you live close enough it would be worth checking em out.

gunnerkc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Mishawaka
    The bunker
    Military Surplus/Security Gear

501 West McKinley Hwy
    Mishawaka, IN 46545
    (574) 257-0530

It is right next to the recruiting station. The owner is John, he is a really nice guy... He has been in business for only three weeks, however the store is growing fast. I will stop by tomorrow and get the specific address, phone number, etc.... His inventory is growing and changing... He has flak vests, pasgt helmets, assorted knives, old style bdus, acus, marpat, boonie hats, a few holsters. I just finished putting together halve a dozen alice packs...He has a growing selection of boots, both tan and black...Numerious patches, although he is still growing his patch section...He really likes to do trades to broden his inventory. I honestley believe that in 6 months he will have grown tremendously.

Last edited:

bedoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Thier is a new booth at the traders depot in richmond indiana, hes a guy i deal with all the time he said it would take him a mounth or 2 to get all his stuff in there but he always has all the good books nobody else carriers james bond ,cookbook,ect and he is normally the cheepest guy for stuff.:ar15:

wrenchead88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    i just visited the bunker for the second time and the stock is definately increasing and getting better, im tossing around the idea of purchasing an alice pack for my ghb instead of my current bag

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for the information. Much needed as I have only found one surplus store in Fort Wayne. My visit did not leave me very impressed there though. Look forward to visiting other shops as well as we prepare for when the SHTF.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The bunker
    Military Surplus/Security Gear

501 West McKinley Hwy
    Mishawaka, IN 46545
    (574) 257-0530

It is right next to the recruiting station. The owner is John, he is a really nice guy... He has been in business for only three weeks, however the store is growing fast. I will stop by tomorrow and get the specific address, phone number, etc.... His inventory is growing and changing... He has flak vests, pasgt helmets, assorted knives, old style bdus, acus, marpat, boonie hats, a few holsters. I just finished putting together halve a dozen alice packs...He has a growing selection of boots, both tan and black...Numerious patches, although he is still growing his patch section...He really likes to do trades to broden his inventory. I honestley believe that in 6 months he will have grown tremendously.

I'm not sure I could go in there unless he is as creepy as Fat Daddy's was. There was really just something special about that old guy trying to preach hate and passing out bags of stale pretzels and 2 liters of Fanta. I might have to make a stop in there to check out what he has.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    How is Joes in Fort Wayne?
    G.I. Joes on Wells St.

It isn't too bad. They have some things in there that are decent. I have purchased several items there. It isn't really worth a drive for someone to come from out of town for though. I usually stop in there every couple months. I do like to support them when I can since it is a local shop

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    I didn't check all 11 pages but I stumbled upon a military surplus store just a few miles east of Angola, IN. called G.I. Jodie's. It's just past the school on the north side at the the last light out of town. The spelling may not be right on the name but they have a huge selection of original issue clothing plus plenty of new mil-spec clothing. Boots galore and prices seem fair. From the outside it looks plain but it's worth the time to stop in. It's a real mil-surp clothing store/diamond in the rough kind of place. It's been awhile since I've been there but I know it's still there.

There's another one I haven't stopped in yet in Michigan City right on US20 but I don't think its military surplus. It might have more civilian overstock, etc. and the building looks huge. I don't remember the name.

Top Bottom