• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marrell1482

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    NWI
    This is my first transfer / purchase that required me to deal with the nfa. As I said it had been surprisingly pleasant. Even though I don't feel what they're charging for a transfer they're pretty nice and helped me out. I don't know why but I was expecting their employees to be not so helpful. Possible from my previous experiences with government employees. Also my local police department(VPD) was pretty helpful.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    This is my first transfer / purchase that required me to deal with the nfa. As I said it had been surprisingly pleasant. Even though I don't feel what they're charging for a transfer they're pretty nice and helped me out. I don't know why but I was expecting their employees to be not so helpful. Possible from my previous experiences with government employees. Also my local police department(VPD) was pretty helpful.

By far and away, and it may be contrary to think this, but the folks working at the NFA branch are generally quite pro-gun.

Only my opinion - but I'd bet that most of them also realize how utterly stupid the rules/regs/laws are, too.

-J-

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    If you don't agree with the $200 now, imagine being in the 1930's when congress set $200 as the amount. It was a whole lot cost prohibitive then. As inflation continues to go up the fee with get "relatively" smaller. Also, it's not the NFA Branch of the ATF that is "charging" the fee. The NFA Branch is "collecting" the fee that is mandated by the NFA 1934 enacted by congress 78 years ago.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you don't agree with the $200 now, imagine being in the 1930's when congress set $200 as the amount. It was a whole lot cost prohibitive then. As inflation continues to go up the fee with get "relatively" smaller. Also, it's not the NFA Branch of the ATF that is "charging" the fee. The NFA Branch is "collecting" the fee that is mandated by the NFA 1934 enacted by congress 78 years ago.

And as stupid as the excise tax is, we should be thankful that it hasn't been raised along with inflation...

It would sure be nice to be able to purchase automobiles and homes at 1934 prices...

-J-

marrell1482

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    NWI

It's not the amount of money that I don't agree with it's the fact that we have to do it at all. This time mine was only five dollars it's still ridiculous

Top Bottom