• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    So this story goes hand and hand with the "pulled over" thread.

Today after lunch I was working at stop 11 and madison at the shopping center on the southeast corner. I was repairing the wall packs (outside lights on the wall), when I was working on this particular light I sat my ladder against the door, after a few minutes of work I climb down as I get down I see the door open and a face kinda pop out, gun pointed, and say
    "back up", "back up" so I do he comes out and ask "is anyone else here?" I say "no". He ask do I know what building this is, I say "no". He says it's check into cash, and ask to see my id. As he is looking at my id he ask if I have any weapons. I say yes, and hand him my permit, instantly things change. I go from a citizen to a criminal, by this time the rest of the posse shows up.
    He makes me put my hands on my head, while he holds me there, and removes my gun and tells me not to move. Then he begins to search and frisk me. He and company then have me sit on the stoop while they run my drivers license and LTCH and check to see if my gun was stolen.

I tell them that I feel like my rights are being violated since I was disarmed even though I produced my permit. And one cop says " it's for our safety and yours, that way every one goes home".
    Twenty minutes more of criminal confinment, and they finally get the ok they take my clips and unload them both, take my license, LTCH, and my gun plus rounds and set them on top of a dumpster next to us and tell me that after they leave I can put everything back.

I was so freaking pissed that I screwed up everything I touched the rest of the day.

Turns out one of the girls in the check into cash heard the drill, which only ran for ten seconds and called the cops saying they were being robbed. So I had a gun pointed at me, because she thought she was getting robbed and first cop on the scene said there where ten squad cars coming for me. This was confimed by the five cops in the back of the store and the five or more my partner saw at the front.

In the end I feel like my rights were violated, since my permit meant nothing to them and I was disarmed and treated just like any other criminal on the street.

So what is the point in being a law abiding citizen if you are going to get treated like a crook. Also like I said what about my safety I dont know those cops and here I am surronding by them and their glocks, with nothing of my own.

Why are they better than us, and why is their lives more important than ours.

:xmad:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Sorry to hear about your situation. THIS is exactly why, gun drawn or not, I will never inform an officer if I am armed or not. If you produce a LTCH the PC ends there. He violated your rights by frisking you AFTER a LTCH was produced, as well as running the serial numbers on your firearm.
    You may want to consider taking action against the officers involved, starting with going to the station and speaking with a supervisor. This behavior is completely unacceptable.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    So cop comes out gun drawn AND POINTED on a "suspected burglary" and that is "reasonable" use of force?

Anyway, lesson learned: before you go drill on somebody's building, let them know you're there and what you're doing, and that you're going to be making some noise.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    :ugh: Here we go AGAIN....!

I will never inform, I'm stickin' to my guns...:):

I probably would have just told him that he would need to speak with your supervisor. I don't think he even had a reason to ask for your ID.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Anyway, lesson learned: before you go drill on somebody's building, let them know you're there and what you're doing, and that you're going to be making some noise.

THIS

Did it not occur to you to speak to the nervous lady inside BEFORE you started drilling?

Not trying to bust your balls, but ya kinda put yourself in an easily avoidable situation, by
    A. Not even knowing the business you were drilling into
    and
    B. Not informing the occupants of said premisses of your legitimate intentions

We are sadly living in some nervous times with nervous [STRIKE]people[/STRIKE] sheep. One must take extra steps, to keep one's self, out of potentially BAD situations involving nervous police officers.

It could have had a worse ending, one of those Glocks could have spontaneously involuntarily kaboomed. :rolleyes:

Just my :twocents:

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    PLease please please file a report with their superiors. If we don't tell them not to do it, who will?
    We need you to take a big enough crap on their COs desk that said CO feels obligated to shovel that poo onto them. Just saying you felt butthurt isn't enough.
    Show up, and be angry, threaten to sue, demand something in return and be try not to be too civil.
    Just please be enough of a hassle that some of it actually trickles down to the officers themselves....

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    My thoughts on this: The call was that a man was trying to rob the store. The first officer on the scene finds you on a ladder with a drill; definitely not a robbery. You show LTCH and give a story that is easily verifiable. OK, maybe secure the gun for officer safety until they check your story, but that is a big maybe. Why be a butt after the story checks out and unload your mags. That was done out of spite because they had already determined that you were a law abiding citizen.

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    So cop comes out gun drawn AND POINTED on a "suspected burglary" and that is "reasonable" use of force?

Not their building, I know the owner and have done work on the complex many times before same light and everything.
    That is all beside the point, I told the District Manager of the place they should install a camera in the back that way the scared puppy inside can see who is in the back, before she gets one of my cousins or friends killed.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Turns out one of the girls in the check into cash heard the drill, which only ran for ten seconds and called the cops saying they were being robbed. So I had a gun pointed at me, because she thought she was getting robbed and first cop on the scene said there where ten squad cars coming for me. This was confimed by the five cops in the back of the store and the five or more my partner saw at the front.

So I'm confused, are you upset that the girls called cause they thought they were getting robbed, or are you upset that the Police Officers who responded to the armed robbery call did so with their guns drawn. Or are you upset that the Police Officers automatically didn't believe that you were a "good guy" because you produced a piece of paper with a name on it that said that person could legally carry a handgun.

I do understand the stress that you were put under and really do sympathize with that, but I would hope you can reasonably look at it from a Police Officers perspective and the danger they face when responding to that type of call. Also can hope that you do see the outcome for what it was, A robbery call was received by 911, dispatched to the police officers, investigated, and everyone went home safely.

While I know this post won't be received well by some members here who love to bash LEO's, but hope that others can understand what I'm trying to say.

Of course after re-reading your OP, I think I can get a pretty good feel for what camp you will fall into, so I probably wasted my time, but hope not.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    So I'm confused, are you upset that the girls called cause they thought they were getting robbed, or are you upset that the Police Officers who responded to the armed robbery call did so with their guns drawn. Or are you upset that the Police Officers automatically didn't believe that you were a "good guy" because you produced a piece of paper with a name on it that said that person could legally carry a handgun.

I do understand the stress that you were put under and really do sympathize with that, but I would hope you can reasonably look at it from a Police Officers perspective and the danger they face when responding to that type of call. Also can hope that you do see the outcome for what it was, A robbery call was received by 911, dispatched to the police officers, investigated, and everyone went home safely.

While I know this post won't be received well by some members here who love to bash LEO's, but hope that others can understand what I'm trying to say.

Of course after re-reading your OP, I think I can get a pretty good feel for what camp you will fall into, so I probably wasted my time, but hope not.

Why unload his mags?

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Or are you upset that the Police Officers automatically didn't believe that you were a "good guy". and we should believe they are good guys because of the uniform they wear? the clothes doesnt make the man and theres no shortage of criminals with badges to prove it.

Top Bottom