Survey: What "Reasonable Gun Law Reform" would/could you accept?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Asking what's "reasonable" is always a subjective question and must be compared to something. Similar to asking "how are you today?".. When asked "how are you".. the correct answer, is "compared to what?".

The only thing that gun owners should accept as reasonable, is to repeal any and all restrictive laws that are in place now. To allow anything else is just being unreasonable as it allows more trampling and erosion of the rights that we DO enjoy.

What reasonable limitations would you be willing to accept as exceptions to LEO stopping by for a quick frisk or search of your home?

Rhetorical question, but still protected by the BOR. Our 2A rights are no different IMO. Stand firm beside what we currently have (or less restrictive) and accept no compromise to the contrary.

Where's #23 on that list :dunno:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    IMO the BEST we can hope for is a 10 round limit on rifle magazines only. Even the Republicans are likely to cave on this issue, sad to say, because of 24/7 MSM news reporting feeding public opinion. But if that is all we get then we should be thankful.

Of course, I accepted some type of ban was imminent when BHO won his second term. Call it defeatism or whatever you want, but I warned everyone that this was coming, and many said they trusted BHO with their gun rights more than Romney. To those people, I cannot forgive your ignorance, and therefore I have to take some small pleasure in knowing that at least they finally will understand what LIBERALISM represents. Maybe they will ban all semi auto rifles, which would drive the point home further. They wanted liberalism, let them reap what they sowed, and let's only hope that the lesson learned hard, will not be forgotten.

There were many that trusted NEITHER of them with any rights. The people that didn't trust Romney were proven correct when he came out saying he'd support an AWB if both sides wanted it. To pretend otherwise is just plain silly.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Ban on semi automatic handguns with a detachable magazine?

We going stripper clip style now? I'd like to see a bring back of the Webley-Fosbery :yesway:

Personally, I think the mental health part of the criminal check would be easiest to do, however it would only blip if they've been committed. A person seeing a psychiatrist and one committed to an asylum are 2 different things. Then the debate of "what is mentally stable" comes into play.

On the 4473 it has a simple check box for mental health issues, that's one that is easily lied on and hard to prove otherwise.

I know that under NY State law, that even visiting a priest/counselor/psychiatrist to overcome an issue related to divorce, is sufficient enough under state law to deny/revoke a pistol permit.

Sometimes the law goes too far the other way.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    No changes, in fact some things need to be speeded up,
    NICS delays take too long.

The In LTCH wait is an absolute joke, should be 2 weeks or automatic
    issue.

Jimmy

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    21. Most of the looneys asking for more "gun control" couldn't accurately describe what laws are on the books now. They just want more. STUPID.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Well I dont like any of them . Only thing I thought of is trigger locks on guns in your home IF you dont live alone and have kids except your personal carry gun/in your posession. If those guns were locked up that dumb retard could not have went to the school and done that so easy

Sorry, but you are wrong. Even if they were locked up, he killed the only adult, and since she often took him shooting, he most likely knew enough to be able to unlock them.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    No changes, in fact some things need to be speeded up,
    NICS delays take too long.

The In LTCH wait is an absolute joke, should be 2 weeks or automatic
    issue.

Jimmy

Nope.

It should be statewide constitutional carry, just as Arizona, Alaska, and Vermont have.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Well I dont like any of them . Only thing I thought of is trigger locks on guns in your home IF you dont live alone and have kids except your personal carry gun/in your posession. If those guns were locked up that dumb retard could not have went to the school and done that so easy

Please cite your specific source.

Aspergers and personality disorders are not synonymous with mental retardation, and predatory aggression is not generally associated with the former.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    #21 or the newly suggested #23 (repealing all gun control laws which would include full auto and suppressors)

None of the others are remotely acceptable nor reasonable, IMO

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    The problem I have with any of those items listed (other than 21 or poptab's 23) they do nothing but place burdens on law abiding citizens and none of those measures has ever been shown to reduce crime. We should not just talk about gun related crime but all crime when restrictions on a constitutional right is suggested. No compromise is reasonable.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Since a #23 was already suggest, I'll also suggest #24, Make all politicians have the exact same level of security we provide for our children at school, to include sending their kids to schools with the exact same security measures.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I see nothing that would prevent a mass murder like the ones in CT,
    CO, etc. To even agree that there might be some "reasonable regulation" that is acceptable, means you lose the arguement from the very beginning. I wouldn't even answer the question.

As we saw yesterday when Wayne LaPierre was on Meet The Press, he was asked this very same question. He attempted to answer a different question instead and was penned into trying to give a "none of the above" response and it didn't make him look so good.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom