• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here's a paragraph from a abc news story:

"A senior Justice Department official told ABC News that federal law enforcement officials are invoking the public safety exception to the Miranda rights, so that Tsarnaev will be questioned immediately without having Miranda rights issued to him."

I wonder if Bathhouse Barry had this done on purpose so that he can be released latter.

I'm not a LEO, but how long would it take to read him this?

The link from the Drudge Report: Boston Bomb Suspect Captured Alive in Backyard Boat - ABC News

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Im no law expert but it sounds like it could be a mistake.
    But they might not get to question him at all if he's badly wounded at the hopsital right now so it might not matter at all.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    He's probably in no condition to be "mirandized" OR questioned right now. And under the Patriot Act laws, I don't think he has to be read his rights in order to be questioned or prosecuted. Not saying the Patriot Act is good, but this IS what it was designed to do.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    1. SO FN WHAT

2. AND

3. And except for an attorney that is lower than whale :poop: WHO CARES

And I bet all of them are already lining up

:twocents:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    This will quite possibly be the litmus for NDAA, the loss of habeus corpus, and the indefinite detention of American citizens without charge, representation or trial.

I wonder how many people who decried all of this will now suddenly be okay with it because "OH MY GOD A TERRORIST!"

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Most will not understand the significance but it is HUGE. This allows the piece of **** to be tried by a military tribunal as an enemy combatant and NOT in our domestic court system. It also allows for interrogation tactics that would not have been possible had be been Mirandacized. I'm amazed that Barack Hussein allowed this.

This is great news for all of us.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Appears to be plenty of cause and evidence here

Don't think HB will be in play on this one ?

And as soon as he/it is ready he will be before a judge

And what is one more questionable action with the hundreds if not thousands that have gone on in the last 5 years

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    If his plan was to not talk, does it really matter? How hard would it be to say he died of his injuries if he refuses to talk?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Not mirandizing him is only an issue if he talks and they want to use what he says to prosecute him or what he says leads to evidence they want to use to prosecute him.

If they have enough other evidence- no big deal.

...and this isn't even considering the exceptions to Miranda.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Most will not understand the significance but it is HUGE. This allows the piece of **** to be tried by a military tribunal as an enemy combatant and NOT in our domestic court system. It also allows for interrogation tactics that would not have been possible had be been Mirandacized. I'm amazed that Barack Hussein allowed this.

I'm trying to imagine how this is great news for all of us.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Me too, because they could do this to any of us

This is what most people are missing about the entire chain of events, with these 'suspects', the ex-military cop out west, and others. This is scary, but not as scary as the mentality of 'kill em first, try em later' that is so pervasive in govt. law enforcement of late.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have been amazed at the number of people who are ordinarily level-headed who have gone off the rails accepting the police-state nonsense that has happened. Perhaps there are even fewer people than I thought who can see the larger issue and refuse to abandon the rule of law within the Constitution when confronted with a demonized subset of the population. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we are next, and that battle is already underway.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county

Tribunal? I highly doubt that. The low lifes in Gitmo were supposed to be tried by now by tribunal but Barry put a stop to that. And I think he will put a stop on this case as well. Wouldn't surprise me if Barry doesn't just have this little piece deported back to Chechnya. After all, Barry is muslim too.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have been amazed at the number of people who are ordinarily level-headed who have gone off the rails accepting the police-state nonsense that has happened. Perhaps there are even fewer people than I thought who can see the larger issue and refuse to abandon the rule of law within the Constitution when confronted with a demonized subset of the population. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we are next, and that battle is already underway.

Unless I missed it in another thread (which admittedly I have not caught up with all of them yet since i last was on), no one has been able to show that it was anything close to a police state. If the presence of LE on the streets is all that is necessary for you to think it's a police state, perhaps we need to re-evaluate the definition of level-headed.

I am still trying to understand how the bad guy was supposed to be caught with all the LEOs put away so nobody could see them.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It's all the shooting as soon as they see movement that has us alarmed (newspaper delivery, anyone?). I know that if I was a 'suspect', I'd sure want a chance to know what I was charged with, face my accuser, and state my case.

Just sayin.

Sharpie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013

I think that most level-headed people see the need for extraordinary measures in response to extraordinary events, and I believe that terrorist attacks on international sporting events qualifies for this distinction. The trick is to ensure that a return to normalcy occurs after the event is resolved. In any event, I haven't seen anything so far that is so outrageous that it smacks of a police state. Perhaps I am too level-headed.

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    Regardless of what was done, every US citizen deserves Constitutional protections once the immediate threat is over. How this joker was granted citizenship is certainly up for discussion, but once granted he's protected or at least should be.

Tim Mcveigh was dispatched with great efficiency without having to send him to Gitmo. The law/courts can deal with this as well.

Top Bottom