• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaveyCrink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Bluffton, Indiana
    Recently I purchased a Sigma. It cycled perfectly for the first one hundred rounds and then after that, maybe 4-6 of the rounds wouldnt eject. Is this common for Sigma's?

I took it into my local gun shop and I think they just thought I'm a young kid who can't handle a firearm. An employee is going to take it home tonight and see if he can "fix" it. If he gets no where with it, they agreed to send it in to S&W.

Back to the point, is this something I didn't see in my homework before buying the handgun?

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    It depends how old the sigma is, you can probably google sigma and find out when the problem gun were.

If its a newer one that your purchased maybe you got a lemon...also depends on the ammo, did you try different ammo types?

Some guns dont like some bullets.

What were you using?

DaveyCrink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Bluffton, Indiana
    I purchased it brand new about three weeks ago. I was using winchester ammo boxes of 100. that's how I knew the first 100rds were flawless. After that, the gun went south with the same ammo.

john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not too common. Especially for brand new. Try to use your serial number to determine when it was manufactured. I have a sigma .40 and my dad and a friend both have sigma 9mms and they've shot a couple thousand rounds combined with no hiccups. I'm guessing you are just unlucky.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I had a .380 that wouldn't get through a magazine without stovepiping or jamming. Bought as a pocket gun, they wanted to exchange it for a full-size Sigma - I talked them into a J-Frame instead..

I wouldn't be entirely suprised if it was borked somehow, but just in case - do you have an experienced buddy who can give you an impartial second opinion?

BC9

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Fishers
    My Sigma 9mm is about 2 years old & I've put a couple thousand rounds thru it without a problem. I'll be interested to hear what the diagnosis is.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    I ran into that problem with my sigma. I had been shooting WWB pretty much exclusively but for a weekend I bought a 250 box of remmington umc. Halfway through the box it started stovepiping, and after a handful of those they wouldn't eject at all. Next time I went to the range I switched back to WWB and had zero problems.

Check the ammo you are using. Maybe try a box of several different brands to find the best yor gun.

And not as an insult but make very sure you arn't limp wristing.

I love my sigma, but it is a production peice. Its not a italian sports car its a honda.

DaveyCrink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Bluffton, Indiana
    I got it back from my local gun shop (21st Century) tonight and I am excited to see how it is shooting now. An employee took it home for the night, tested it, tinkered with it, and cleaned it.

I hope to go shooting tomorrow if it isnt too cold. I'll update you all.

Top Bottom