• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I hated the 9lb, rough, trigger on my Sigma, so I got on youtube and modified it to my liking. By simply sanding the trigger sear it smoothed right out. I also removed the pigtail. Long story short, it all worked beautifully, but the Wolfe 3.5lb striker spring is too weak, and I get 1/5 light primer failures. I'm certain that all I need is a 5+ pound striker spring, but I can't find them online. I would rather go back to 9lb than have an unreliable gun, but I lost my original.

Please provide link or local contact for acquiring this spring. Thanks!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It occurred to me that I was spelling Wolff wrong. Now I've found the site I'm sure I ordered the light spring from, and it appears they also have the original. I'd still like a second opinion. Money is not the object, I just want to make sure I'm getting the best part to make this a suitable HD pistol.

brownells.com/.aspx/pid=14850/avs|Make~~Model_1=Smith%20zzxzz%20Wesson__Sigma/Product/STRIKER-SPRING

rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    i bought one used. and put 3 rounds through it. then resold it. worst gun i ever shot. makes me mad thinking about it

bud1976

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    I had one, i hated it and a budy of mine had one that never workep properly. They are the worst fire arm S&W ever made. Just my openion.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i had a sigma 9mm and had zero issues with it. it was not as nice as my m&p but was great for my first pistol. i shot about twice a month at the range. probably had roughly 3000 rounds through it without issue before i sold it.

emayer7285

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    I also had one for my first pistol with little to no problems. I did have an issue and called Smith and Wesson and they sent me a fed ex box to ship to them and had it back within 2 weeks. It was the extractor that broke. Also I spent some time in Afghanistan and the Afghan National Police use the sigma as their sidearm. So take that for what its worth.

Top Bottom