SWAT invades innocent man's home - Burns it down with a flashbang - Father killed

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Would it have been wrong for the man in this house to have sprayed gasoline on the Police Swat Operators .. and then toss a road flare at them .
    If it is ?
    Then where is the moral difference in what they did ?

It's coming and when it happens it's going to get a lot of hits on youtube .

Thanks
    Duncan

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Would it have been wrong for the man in this house to have sprayed gasoline on the Police Swat Operators .. and then toss a road flare at them .
    No, he would have been defending his pursuit of life and liberty by responding with a force equal to that which was being deployed against him.

Note to self: Rent flamethrower at Knob Creek in April.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    A father of 4 was killed in his own home when he was wrongfully targeted by SWAT soldiers in a horribly botched search warrant. They flashbanged his living room, setting it on fire. The man was asleep at the time and never made it out alive.

From the article:

Sheriff’s officers did plan to arrest Serrato, however, for two misdemeanor warrants that had been issued in unrelated cases. According to one family member, he was likely hiding as SWAT officers surrounded his home and called over a bullhorn for more than an hour for him to come out. A woman, whose name has not been released by police, did emerge from the home, and according to Sheriff Scott Miller, told officers that she didn’t think anyone was inside.

Jesus dude, why don't you lie to fit your agenda a bit more?

2 warrants, high on meth and hiding...A bit different from an innocent father of 4 taking a nap.

phil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bristol
    I'll agree to this, after a trial of course.
    Right...they should not see the inside of a jail cell till there trial is over.:n00b:

That's how it works, right?????

Wait...You say the POPO was going to arrest this man.....had he gone through trial yet?????:dunno:

So, if I understand you correctly, LEO's should NOT be treated like any other civilian in the court of law???????????

I don't understand your logic. I thought all Men were created equal.

ETA: Add purple where YOU feel necessary.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

2 warrants, high on meth and hiding...A bit different from an innocent father of 4 taking a nap.

He does drugs? He hides in his house from a military invasion going on in his front yard? Oh well in that case he deserved to die. Burn baby burn!!

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Because people would be less outraged if they knew the guy was a wanted meth-head.

The majority of society tends not to be quite as sympathetic in these instances.

Still...a tragedy none the less. My condolences to the family. Not so much over the dead guy whose personal choices probably resulted at least partially to the outcome.

:twocents:

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    He does drugs? He has two warrants out for his arrest? He hides in his house from a military invasion going on in his front yard? Oh well in that case he deserved to die. Burn baby burn!!

You missed a key part in your questioning, so I added it for you.

No one said he deserved to die, but most of your commentary in the OP was an outright(agenda-fitting) lie and just more proof that you don't read the articles before posting them.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    He does drugs? He hides in his house from a military invasion going on in his front yard? Oh well in that case he deserved to die. Burn baby burn!!

Twisting the story again to fit your agenda. :noway: He hides in his house from the police. Not the military. They wear green.:D

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Why not come out of the house while it's burning down?

Oh that's right. Because you're going to go to jail. Because you are high.

How about the woman who said there was no one in there? SHE let him die. Burn baby burn. The police had no way of knowing.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm willing to overlook the total misexecution of the raid on the wrong man, and the fact that they burned down the house, just because he does drugs.

Why do the headlines say he was a misidentified man? Is that because things went according to plan? Is that because the newspaper lied and has an agenda as well? Lol.

Anybody want to address the real subject of this thread, which is Paramilitary style Law Enforcement? Or do you want to obsessively focus on the guy gets high and how he somehow got what was coming to him?

Somebody explain this picture to me! Is this America or Russia???

Uh oh, there goes my agenda again. Why don't you support the troops Rambone? Don't you want to fight crime with an Iron Fist? Doesn't it fit your agenda having soldier wannabes raiding homes?? Don't you want to relentlessly punish addicts and drunks? Don't you want to spend hundreds of billions of dollars on keeping drugs illegal?

20110108__a1.swatteam.0108%7E1_GALLERY.jpg

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    im with you. i dont support local cops having APC's or military uniforms etc. I think we should only have STATE police and all local police be done away with, except for maybe a county sheriff to run the jails. i'll peobly get flamed for saying it in public, but thats my belief. (this isnt a jab at you local cops, its more of a way to uniform police work, and save the tax payers, and also pay you all more money for your jobs) but SWAT teams need to go!

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    im with you. i dont support local cops having APC's or military uniforms etc. I think we should only have STATE police and all local police be done away with, except for maybe a county sheriff to run the jails. i'll peobly get flamed for saying it in public, but thats my belief.

:noway:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm willing to overlook the total misexecution of the raid on the wrong man, and the fact that they burned down the house, just because he does drugs.

Why do the headlines say he was a misidentified man? Is that because things went according to plan? Is that because the newspaper lied and has an agenda as well? Lol.

Anybody want to address the real subject of this thread, which is Paramilitary style Law Enforcement? Or do you want to obsessively focus on the guy gets high and how he somehow got what was coming to him?

Somebody explain this picture to me! Is this America or Russia???

Uh oh, there goes my agenda again. Why don't you support the troops Rambone? Don't you want to fight crime with an Iron Fist? Doesn't it fit your agenda having soldier wannabes raiding homes?? Don't you want to relentlessly punish addicts and drunks? Don't you want to spend hundreds of billions of dollars on keeping drugs illegal?

20110108__a1.swatteam.0108%7E1_GALLERY.jpg

Nobody is obsessing on the fact that he was a druggie, we're just simply pointing how big of a liar you are.

BTW, from the same article you mention about the "misidentified man."

The Monterey PD sought to question Rogelio Serrato because they believed he had accompanied suspected Mucky Duck shooter...

Sheriff’s officers did plan to arrest Serrato, however, for two misdemeanor warrants that had been issued in unrelated cases. According to one family member, he was likely hiding as SWAT officers surrounded his home and called over a bullhorn for more than an hour for him to come out.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Nobody is obsessing on the fact that he was a druggie, we're just simply pointing how big of a liar you are.

BTW, from the same article you mention about the "misidentified man."

Personal attacks, and ignoring the point of the thread again.

He was high? Really?? OMG! In that case its okay to use troops against citizens.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Personal attacks, and ignoring the point of the thread again.

He was high? Really?? OMG! In that case its okay to use troops against citizens.

Personal attacks? You lied and I called you a liar.:rolleyes:

The point of the thread was to get everyone up in arms because some innocent father of 4 was burned alive while taking a nap. All the while a big mistake on the cops part.

He had warrants, was high, was hiding and was asked to leave the house for over an hour. Plus, they were calling out to HIM, not someone else. They knew exactly who they were looking for.

Sorry, those details are hard to ignore...I mean look at my first 2 posts, I was in total agreement with you before I knew you were lying.

Top Bottom