• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    with swifty oil being sold, I have do not believe Seymour will ever see below $3.00 a gal for gas. In the past by now swifty has had regular grade gas at $2.90 of below, but without them speedway will keep the local price high. I drive to Indianapolis every night so I can get cheap gas, $2.85 in greenwood on Tuesday, $3.08 in Columbus Friday. The major brands will now rule Seymour.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Closed up shop in'is area too, .......open fer bizz 1 day, yell'a bags on'a pumps next......:dunno:

I talk'd ta the ol' man 'at run'em 'round here, an' he basically said it the 'kids'......don' wanna 'ef with'em......Ol' dude 'at own'd 'em died, last year, year an' 1/2 ago......

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Closed up shop in'is area too, .......open fer bizz 1 day, yell'a bags on'a pumps next......:dunno:

I talk'd ta the ol' man 'at run'em 'round here, an' he basically said it the 'kids'......don' wanna 'ef with'em......Ol' dude 'at own'd 'em died, last year, year an' 1/2 ago......

I'd heard this too. Seems like the assets would have been worth more to a buyer if it were an on-going business.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Surprisingly, there's still one operating in Bedford. I don't know if somebody's bought it or what but IIRC, it's still got the Swifty signs up.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Surprisingly, there's still one operating in Bedford. I don't know if somebody's bought it or what but IIRC, it's still got the Swifty signs up.

Well the 1 in Charlestown still pump'n......fer NOW......but them dudes say can be any day now, an' at'll be that........:dunno:
    Sellersburg had 2.......1's done been demo'd/flatten'd.......other 1's rite in middle o' town, at the light......still there, but dead'na water......

I use the Pilot, most times, now....rite off the Interstate few mls North

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I think two have been bought here in Columbus. I don't recall by who.

As far as prices go, the cheapest I've seen is $3.01 at Sam's Club. Like other areas though, Swifty was cheaper.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I think two have been bought here in Columbus. I don't recall by who.

As far as prices go, the cheapest I've seen is $3.01 at Sam's Club. Like other areas though, Swifty was cheaper.

Ya won' buy it fer that 'round these parts........run'n 'bout 3.25 - 3.29.......

'Course.....:dunno:......at's rite off the Interstate all in'is area , too......may be lil' cheap'r off the main drags/slabs.....:dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    South of Bedford, there was a Swifty right across the highway from a Speedway. Every so often, the Speedway would jack their prices up 20-30 cents per gallon. If Swifty didn't respond, it was almost always back down to Swifty's prices the next day. Weird thing is, there'd still be bunches of folks at Speedway still buying gas.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Asi recall, the owner died andno one in the family wanted to continue it. Marathon bought them out.

The one at Kentucky and 465 has already changed the awning with the marathon logo. (After being closed for. Several weeks)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I filled up for $2.80 in Macon Georgia yesterday, saw it at that price at several places in Georgia and Tennessee, and around $2.90 in south and central Kentucky, closer I got to southern Indiana, the higher it got. I think it was around $3.20 here in Clarksville, but haven't been by the local swifty to see if it's still open.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I filled up for $2.80 in Macon Georgia yesterday, saw it at that price at several places in Georgia and Tennessee, and around $2.90 in south and central Kentucky, closer I got to southern Indiana, the higher it got. I think it was around $3.20 here in Clarksville, but haven't been by the local swifty to see if it's still open.

Cousin o' mine jus' spent a week in'a Smokey's......said was under 3 a gallon.......
    'Course......he had ta buy diesel........:):......car won't pull the camper.......:):

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    Swifty is kaput here in Greenfield as well. It was open for about a week and then bam bags on the pumps and closed up again.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Asi recall, the owner died andno one in the family wanted to continue it. Marathon bought them out.

The one at Kentucky and 465 has already changed the awning with the marathon logo. (After being closed for. Several weeks)

Marathon/Speedway buying up the competition. The one in Mooresville is open and the clerk said that Marathon bought 200 of the 250 stations. Marathon sets the price and the others jump to the music :(

Top Bottom