• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KANER88

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    indianapolis
    I am looking at getting another tac light for home defense and other such things. I have traditionally always gone with streamlight tlr1 and love it. great power and range for a tac light. but I love the look of the surefire x300 and am thinking of branching out. I'm just trying to think if the x300 is worth the double cost of the tlr-1. I mean I could just buy 2 tlr for the cost of the surefire. Has anyone had a surefire x300, or even both tac lights? which do you prefer and why?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Save your coin and buy the TLR. Not that surefire doesn't make a great light cause they do. But is it really worth the extra $$$? I've never had a problem with my TLR.

KANER88

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    indianapolis
    yea I figured it wouldn't be but I just like the look of them...pretty sleek. I would try to find a good deal on a used one but never see them online.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I went ahead and bit on the thread bait. Figured you'd go streamlight since you already suggested it a better buy in another thread before starting this one

KANER88

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    indianapolis
    and maybe I raised a question that somebody else has as well. maybe someone didn't even know which lights were viable and now they will have 2 on their list of options.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    My opinion, and it's worth what you paid for it.

Surefire is better quality, however streamlight makes quality stuff, and I've had a few TLR's with no issue. Pick which price, switch design works better for you.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Streamlight has a lifetime warranty, have an issue, they pretty much give you a new one.

That being said, I really like my Surefire X300-B

The 800 lumens of the HL is damn near overkill indoors, but does great outside

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    Both are great choices. I have one of the 500 lumen x300U-A weaponlights and a TLR-HL and have had nothing but good experiences with both. If you must have the Surefire then I would suggest the x300U-B w/ the thumb screw because my "A" model slides around a bit on a 1913 rail. The TLR-HL is better suited for "indoor" work given its wider beam pattern but still performs admirably outside.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Big fan of Surefire myself, but I also never believed in cutting costs on tools that may save your or your family members lives either

J4rKUiMh.jpg

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Surefire has mad a lot of money overcharging the military, and they have made their products available to the public. Since some people feel better when they pay a lot for their stuff, this works out well for all involved. This is not to say Surefire makes bad stuff, a lot of it is best in class. Just that they charge 200% more for the 10-20% extra quality.

KANER88

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    indianapolis
    see what I mean....that is a beautiful pic of an awesome light on an awesome gun. I think the surefire looks super sleak. but is cutting this cost from a $300 light to a $100 light really mean your families life when the $100 light is still pretty badass

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Just that they charge 200% more for the 10-20% extra quality.

So it goes for automobiles, rifle scopes, precision rifles, etc... There is typically a point of diminishing returns in any manufactured item. The decision on whether the value is worth the scratch lies with the individual. A Prius would get me to work just fine but I'd much prefer an F250 turbo diesel.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You guys who think a TLR-1 HL is too bright inside must have young eyes that are very sensitive to light. For me, more is better.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    The Surefire is a better build quality and a better lens quality. It's also truly made in the USA where the Streamlight is assembled in the USA. Thats the reason for the cost differences.
    It just really depends how much you like premium stuff.

Either way, through Wed. Nov. 2nd we have 15% off using coupon code SAVE15

Weapon Lights and Mounts

Top Bottom