• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    I'm looking for some advice on lights for my glock 23. I've ruled out the glock light and the surefire. What do you guys use? I want it for a HD setup and possibly to carry OWB from time to time. Any input greatly appricated. I'm leaning towards the TLR-1. I wouldnt mind the strobe feature either.

Thanks,

Brad

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Streamlight.

I like my Streamlight TLR-1. I have it mounted on the G22. The light alone is blinding! No way could anyone look into it to zero in on you. Also bought a Aker model 114 Night guard holster which accommodates the pistol w/light attached. :)

MyG22withTLR-1002.jpg

AkerNightGuard005-1.jpg

Last edited:

breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    Does any one have the NEBO Protec? I've tried looking for reviews online and haven't found much.

breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    Ya I like the TLR lights but they stick out pretty far on my 23. No doubt they are quality, is your holster a belt holster?

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Ya I like the TLR lights but they stick out pretty far on my 23. No doubt they are quality, is your holster a belt holster?

Yes it is. This one is the,"low ride", model. They also make a high ride and it also comes in either brown or black, plain or with the basket weave design.

Link:http://www.akerleather.com/

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    If you dont like the tlr-1s cause it sticks out too far..look into the insight line or a tlr-3 maybe the way to go. I do reccomend the tlr-1s.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    I have a TLR-1 and like it alot. Changing batteries is sometimes a bit of a pain, but I don't use the light that often, so the batteries don't need to be changed too frequently. I run it on a full size M&P 9mm as my around-the-house gun. I have IWB holsters for it both with and without the light and I'll often wear it CC with the light when I'm going somewhere after dark. I picked my light up at MC Sports in Bloomington for $99.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    I have and use the Streamlight TLR-1, and really like it. It is very bright, and would be blinding if shined in someone's eyes. It is so bright, I don't need to point it directly at a target to light up a whole room.

I only have one for my home defense pistol, but I plan on buying 3 more. One for my AR with iron sights, one for my shotgun, and one for a second home defense pistol that I keep in the den. They are reasonably priced and work very well.

breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    Ya I've read nothing but good things about the TLR-1. The TLR-3 isn't bright enough for me, and i'm not big on the cost of the insight lights. Amhenry what holsters do you use for conceal carry?

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I have a TLR-1s on my duty weapon. I bought it after a lot of failures with the Streamlight M3 our department is having. A lot of officers have had the lenses crack and'or the ring that holds it on crack, bulbs burn out all the time when the light is illuminated while firing, and I've had a lot of problems with the battery door. The TLR-1s is a far superior light and highly recommend it.

Top Bottom