• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    I know a guy who paid some $100+ for a tactical pen...it has a led light and it writes with a ball point tip. I didn't really give him a chance to explain why he purchased this because he has a face that just begs to be slapped the longer you look at it. So tactical pen....seriously a thing or just mall ninja junk?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    All of my tactical pens tend to be less than $10 - I do tend to lose them quite frequently.

I guess they are more practactical.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Yes, tactical pens work quite well in self defense. One of the gun rags this month has a lengthy article on how to best use one. Shows the basic strikes and what to do when.

The author points out that "tactical pens" found in the back of gun rags are more likely than not going to get confiscated at check points because they are too obvious. Find one that looks no different than any other pen. Pens that are fairly sturdy and can be used for self defense are not that expensive.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I keep a Zebra F-701 clipped inside my collar. I use it all the time....to write on paper. I also always carry a SureFire light so that I can see in the dark.

Oh yeah, you could hit people with a pen or light if that is the last resort.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I have one that came as part of a set by Kershaw from Wal Mart for $20. Got the pen, Kershaw Brawler assisted knife, and a cheap flashlight. I like the pen, it writes well and is sturdy, but it is larger and meaner-looking than a regular pen. I wouldn't pay more than I did, and I only bought the set because the knife alone is normally more than the set cost. I am sure the pen would do well at dissuading someone if need be.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    We had tactical #2 lead pencils back when I was in grade school. If the stabbing didn't get you,the lead poisoning would.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    We had tactical #2 lead pencils back when I was in grade school. If the stabbing didn't get you,the lead poisoning would.
    We turned our mechanical pencils into rubber band guns...not that they shot rubber bands, they used a rubber band as the propellant.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It seems like awhile back someone on this board did a pretty good write up on various 'tactical pens', but perhaps I'm thinking of another board. Seems mall ninja to me. How many people carrying one have stabbed a pot roast with it to see how much force it takes to penetrate muscle? How many have done ANY training with it at all? Ergonomically, its a terrible stabbing tool. Yeah, I know, stick it in their eye or whatever but any plan that requires me to hit a tiny target during a furball is probably a bad plan. Distraction technique? Absolutely, but any more than a standard metal body pen or a decent empty hand strike? I fail to see the application.

Someone will now say "its better than nothing", I'm sure. You aren't limited to this or nothing.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I like this for a durable and stabby everyday pen: Amazon.com: Zebra F-701 Stainless Steel Ballpoint Retractable Pen, Black Ink, Fine Point, PK - ZEB29411: Office Products

Throw a Fisher space pen refill in there, which makes it an even better writer, and it comes out to about $10.

This.

I actually have one of these. It's pretty heavy duty for a pen.

Funny story. It's been run over a few times with a Freightliner Cascadia: one time I dropped it in a distribution center in Ashley, IN(near Fort Wayne), it rolled under the truck and I thought I lost it in a storm drain. I found it the next day in my tire tread...in Youngstown, OH.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    :rolleyes:

The shizz 'at people spend they $$ on......:):

usually carry .....tactical 'pencil'.......'bout 6 days a wk......:):........might paint it black......ya know......so' it be the real deal......:):

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I still have some in my leg to this very day from being jabbed with a pencil. I can see it right now under the skin.

Top Bottom