• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    This may be in the wrong area, but we'll see.

There are far more ranges in IN than I have been to and I think most could say the same. I was wondering if there is a range that has the CAPABILITY of or currently DOES offer "multi-directional" shooting (similar to shoot houses, MOUT towns, etc)?????

In the interest of making training as realistic as possible I would like to offer my expertise to such a facility. I am developing a product to test and would need such a facility in the future.

Are there any such ranges currently? Not necessarily ones which provide shoot houses and such, but simply which are capable of firing in more than a single direction in a single area.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Can you tell the class a little about your expertise and also a little about the product you wish to test?
    I work in engineering and believe in making training as realistic as possible. I do believe that our idea could give a the competitive shooting world as well as training world a whole new level of challenge, fun, and practice. Without disclosing details that's as good as it gets for now.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    By multi directional do you mean more than a three sided bay? What distances are you looking for?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    By multi directional do you mean more than a three sided bay? What distances are you looking for?
    Distances aren't so important. 50 yards would be sufficient. Protection around 3 sides would be great. Sort of a "CQB" type of range would be the goal. I have some designs for realistic, interactive (and inexpensive) target systems I'd like to put together and try out some day. To be able to give training and even competition shooters a much more realistic "combatant" feel from their targets.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Newburgh, IN
    Red Brush Rifle Range - it's members only but it's where we train. It has multiple bays and it has a shoot house that you can go live-fire in 3 directions inside. It works very well.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The rifle range at the Riley Conservation Club can do 50 yards in three directions. We have another pistol bay that can do about 220 degress safely but not more than 20 yards in each direction.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    The rifle range at the Riley Conservation Club can do 50 yards in three directions. We have another pistol bay that can do about 220 degress safely but not more than 20 yards in each direction.
    That would work well. How do they anchor there simulated walls, cover, etc for shoots and competitions?

Top Bottom