• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Has anyone else noticed very slow load times and "server time out's" today?

I noticed it trying to constantly "connecting to tacticalrepublic" while these slow load times were happening to me. I know who they are, but just have never noticed them on the bottom connection area during slow load-ups and was curious if they might have anything to do with the speed. Any thoughts mods?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I have noticed the slow down as well. It seems that it happens even worse later on in the day. I assume that the server is getting bogged down from all the users since that is the point of the day I imagine the most users are logged on.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It's being looked into. I am on here the majority of the day. I have been having no issues whatsoever. This is one of those things where it's hard to track down because it's not happening to everyone. Problems occur sometimes because of browsers, ISPs, computer settings, etc. If server administration jobs were easy, everyone would be doing it.

I'm also not sure what slowness is being seen because it's been running rather nicely since some of the fine tuning has been going on. Once again, I'm not seeing any slowness either. I'm usually off of here by 10PM though so maybe it's occurring after that for some. I'm not back on until about 6am.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    It's being looked into. I am on here the majority of the day. I have been having no issues whatsoever. This is one of those things where it's hard to track down because it's not happening to everyone. Problems occur sometimes because of browsers, ISPs, computer settings, etc. If server administration jobs were easy, everyone would be doing it.

I'm also not sure what slowness is being seen because it's been running rather nicely since some of the fine tuning has been going on. Once again, I'm not seeing any slowness either. I'm usually off of here by 10PM though so maybe it's occurring after that for some. I'm not back on until about 6am.

Sent you a PM, spas.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute

I posted earlier in this thread the exact times it was happening to me and that looks to be pretty much at different times from morning to night so far. For instance...Just now the site loaded quickly, but then I hit new posts and it sat and connected to "tacticalrepublic" for about 1 minute before continuing to the new post section. Usually "new posts" comes up very quickly for me. Im not having any issue with any single isp as I tried it from comcast, att, and my verizon accounts throughout the day on different devices.

Like I said in the OP, I was just curious if tacticalresponse was the reasoning behind the sudden slowdowns. Wasn't sure if they did some kind of upgrade on their ad systems that may have tweaked something.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    fyi... I do not have any new information about this... It is still being looked into.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Very s l o w w w w moving on everything, getting to my messages and replying, moving from page to page. Real slow. It has been this way since the "test" message was sent the other day.

thanks,
    sheila

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I work second shift and usually get on about 2am and sometimes I just give up and go to facebook. If I log on around 2pm its fast as lighting:twocents:

Top Bottom