Tactical Response: Half Off a Training Class - LIMITED TIME!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Training will always be too expensive for some gun owners. Here's a half price deal for a great class and folks will still come up with reasons they can't take it.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    I personally know 2 folks that have attended TR that WERE NOT satisfied. I don't know if they are INGOers or not, and its not my place to name names.....

Its been my experience that those who must talk about how cool, good, and/or bad a s s they are at something - aren't ..... those who are let their actions and abilities speak for themselves. JY is GREAT at marketing and self promotion, I'll give him that. While I do agree with a lot of what he SAYS, there are MANY places I'll spend my hard earned dollars before I'd support TR with my time/money. But, hey, that's just my opinion that I don't have a right to have. :rolleyes:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I personally know 2 folks that have attended TR that WERE NOT satisfied. I don't know if they are INGOers or not, and its not my place to name names.....

Its been my experience that those who must talk about how cool, good, and/or bad a s s they are at something - aren't ..... those who are let their actions and abilities speak for themselves. JY is GREAT at marketing and self promotion, I'll give him that. While I do agree with a lot of what he SAYS, there are MANY places I'll spend my hard earned dollars before I'd support TR with my time/money. But, hey, that's just my opinion that I don't have a right to have. :rolleyes:

I'm not anybody's PR rep and I've taken classes from those who are outspoken and even those who are as quite as mice.

I would have definitely taken the offer, but my schedule is dedicated to attending classes here in Indiana. If anyone wants to take the class, go for it. If not, I'm sure there are some trainers that fit your personality.

UPDATE - Also, Josh, did those guys take advantage of the money back guarantee that is offered at the end of each class?

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    If I was in the market for training, and had the cash, I would do it. Really, I would.

But, right now, I'm not in the market for training. My current goals now is to get in better shape. My current training has brought me from 210lbs down to 168lbs. I am able to run and bike longer and faster, and lift heavier weights than ever before.

I have some cash issues, it's all gone to paying off a large hospital bill, and finally paid off the last of my credit cards.

If things were different, I'd do it

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    If I was in the market for training, and had the cash, I would do it. Really, I would.

But, right now, I'm not in the market for training. My current goals now is to get in better shape. My current training has brought me from 210lbs down to 168lbs. I am able to run and bike longer and faster, and lift heavier weights than ever before.

I have some cash issues, it's all gone to paying off a large hospital bill, and finally paid off the last of my credit cards.

If things were different, I'd do it

Total thread drift, but, congratulations. It sounds like you are working hard to really improve evrything in your life.:rockwoot:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

I am actually in the same boat with this stupid Sequester going on. I may shift my focus to attending Guy's Comprehensive gun law seminar and maybe do a Combat Focus Shooting class here in Indiana.

I'm with you there LM, my MAIN goal is to get in better shape. Promised myself and the boy I would lose 100# while he was deployed and get fit. I keep my daily appointments on the elliptical and have been weight training as well. So far down 33# and getting stronger, did 20 real pushups yesterday and was introduced to burpees last week ;)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I think Tactical Response offers a unique perspective in the world of defensive firearms training. Regardless of Yeager's (well-deserved) controversy their curriculum is solid and I would recommend their courses to those who carry a gun. It's likely that Yeager won't even be your instructor. His full-time instructors are good guys and are very diverse in background, experience, and personality.

Yeager's marketing plan isn't for everyone, but I do appreciate the time he puts into creating thoughtful YouTube videos. They always give me something to think about and discuss, even if my own opinion differs.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Hickman, I am taking Fighting Pistol next weekend down at TR. I don't know if we could split that class cost or not but I am already signed up and going. This will probably be my last class of the year unless I take another from Shay at Mindset. I have spent $1k this year on training so it has about shot the budget for this year. I signed up for Fighting Piston at Tactical Response because of opinions I have gotten from people who have taken their classes personally and a couple people who I know take their training seriously. When I get back I will post my opinion of the class.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    looking forward to your AAR.

If it was in later in the year, I'd give it a shot, but sequester is kick our asses right now with 20% reduction in hours :(

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Okay, I also know one (he's a friend from college and a shooting buddy) who was displeased with the experience, as was the guy who was with him. I know of his buddy, but I have never met him. Neither asked for their money back, for their own reasons. They are not on INGO (they don't even live in Indiana). If they ever join, I'll encourage them to share their opinions.

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    FWIW, after first learning of JY and his outfit through INGO I started looking into them as best I could by asking people who have been. Several were INGO members who I PMd about their experiences and some were people I know/have met in person to various extents. I've gotten mixed reactions/opinions. Some thought it was good others weren't impressed. Personally, I'll give them the benefit of a doubt and I plan to go check them out sometime, it's just not in the cards right now.

smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I was impressed with fighting pistol I took it twice and his FOF class. Plan on taking another when I get a chance. Want to try some different schools to mix it up.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I was impressed with fighting pistol I took it twice and his FOF class. Plan on taking another when I get a chance. Want to try some different schools to mix it up.

I am going with an open mind but unfortunately to many are swayed by what they hear by one or two on an internet forum. IF I do not like the class or don't feel that TR does a good job then I will say it. I have never been shy about my opinion when my money is involved. On that same note, if the class is good and I learn quality information then I will be vocal about it on here and to others. I like taking classes but money gets tight after 2-3 classes in the year when you factor in ammo so I am going to be getting real picky on classes from on out. However, if a place does right by me then I will be loyal to that company and spend my money there.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    IF I do not like the class or don't feel that TR does a good job then I will say it.

They'll flat out ask you at the end. They even give you the opportunity to walk away with all your money back if you feel that the course didn't live up to your expectations.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Glock 19 √

1000 rounds of ammo √

Holster, belt, mags, eyepro, earpro √

Called to see if spots are available in the Team Room this weekend √

INGOer (irishfan) already attending Fighting Pistol √

Someone (this guy!) in need of Yeager's discount offer √

Sold some stuff to possibly fund the tuition and gas √

Green light from wife since I didn't do anything for my birthday √

Registered for Fighting Pistol this weekend in Camden √

Paid √

Holy sh.... years after borrowing Fighting Pistol DVDs from Evan... I'm finally going to make this happen.

Granted, this was supposed to be my present for 50 pounds lost, but I'm at 35 and can't pass up this offer.

I have a lot to do between now and my Furlough Friday drive day...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Wow I'm glad to hear that you get to accomplish a goal you had set for yourself! That's awesome!

Even if you flat-out hated the course material you'll still enjoy a weekend out in the Tennessee woods talking guns with some nice folks. If you arrive before dinner time on Friday you'll probably get a chance to have dinner with Yeager at a nice local Mexican restaurant.

I look forward to hearing about your experience and your perspective on the class. It's an often-debated topic here on INGO and you certainly have the background to be able to offer a unique and diverse perspective. Let me know if you need anything!

Top Bottom