• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Borock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I just read a post about a man's wife and friends being robbed at gun point right in his own driveway. We all talk and remind each other about being prepared and to get training to help us make smart decisions. This week I'm going to do something I've never thought of doing before and that's assess my surroundings here at home. Are there any empty houses nearby? Any big shrubs or say a motorhome being stored for the winter where a bad person could hide in wait? Assess your surroundings. We do it all the time when we're out and about. Now do it closer to home.

Alphamale

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Take it another step still....

Three years ago I hired someone to attack me in some manner, 3 times per year - payment upon each attempt. Thus far I am 6 and 2...he had a couple of really good ideas and got away with two of my cars once!

Any how, this year is almost up so hes got to be pretty close with the final attack.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Three years ago I hired someone to attack me in some manner, 3 times per year - payment upon each attempt. Thus far I am 6 and 2...he had a couple of really good ideas and got away with two of my cars once!

Any how, this year is almost up so hes got to be pretty close with the final attack.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal

what the heck is wrong with you. If you carry, you sure as heck better tell him he may be shot if not recognized, or tell potential real threats they may not be shot if you think they are him.

but wait, I'll bet you are Rhino with another new account.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011

I think you're joking. The people I know who have done this sort of stuff tend to rely on friends, not strangers who do it for pay. You're basically doing a sort of training with a lot of risk, and only by working with someone who you know can be trusted through training with him over years, that you can reduce risks of injury.

Of course, that means each "attempt" is followed by some drinks and possibly some grilling if the weather is good.

The gun world is a strange place. People think they need ARs with 30 round mags for defensive purposes, but half of them probably don't practice what I'd regard as basic situational awareness as applied to your neighborhood. So I am completely in agreement with Borock that we should know what time it is in our neighborhood, but I really don't think of it as taking it one step further.

Alphamale

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yes obviously I know him. And obviously there are certain rules in place. Its not like he breaks into my house in the middle of the night! Im not paying anyone to kill me or be killed trying.

Its basically a game of personal security. The word attack is likely being misunderstood here.

Edit - Take the time he got my cars, for example...I met my wife for lunch. He had both cars towed (hers only next door, she has a real job to return to). The mistake he took advantage of was me not taking a seat where my personal property was within my sight. He tailed her (instead of me) to the restaurant, though he never divulged how he knew we were meeting.

Its that kind of situational awareness training that can prevent or dissolve a threat. Plus, to be honest, its a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville

Ladies & Gentlemen, It is my honor to present this year's nominees for Worst Idea of 2013....And the winner is, Obamacare (but not by much).

Top Bottom