• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Borock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I just read a post about a man's wife and friends being robbed at gun point right in his own driveway. We all talk and remind each other about being prepared and to get training to help us make smart decisions. This week I'm going to do something I've never thought of doing before and that's assess my surroundings here at home. Are there any empty houses nearby? Any big shrubs or say a motorhome being stored for the winter where a bad person could hide in wait? Assess your surroundings. We do it all the time when we're out and about. Now do it closer to home.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The idea of situational awareness is something that should never stop..You should always be assessing your surroundings whether you are in bed or walking through a mall.

Just because you have lived some where for 2 years doesnt mean it will be the same every time. It is something that needs to be passively running in your brain 24/7.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    This is why I put up two mercury halide barn lights in front of my house. One is on the end of the house, over the driveway, and the other is on a pole out by the street. I live in a neighborhood, and the only places with street lights are intersections, this leaves my dead end street very dark (I had to call IMPD over a vandalism issue and even the officer commented on how dark my street was). Now it's pretty difficult to hide with these lights on, and whenever I turn the corner on to my street I always remove my seat belt and expect to see someone standing in my yard or driveway. Fortunately I haven't found anyone on my property, yet.

Top Bottom