• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    The head of security at my job teaches the needed class on the weekends. He is running a special class for coworkers. I will be attending. No more disarming at the border!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The head of security at my job teaches the needed class on the weekends. He is running a special class for coworkers. I will be attending. No more disarming at the border!

Are you an Illinois resident? If not, you should know that Indiana residents are not yet eligible to apply for the Illinois permit.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't know why not, the way I understand it all the illegal weapons in Illinois already come from the wild, wild west (east?) that is Indiana.
    Are you an Illinois resident? If not, you should know that Indiana residents are not yet eligible to apply for the Illinois permit.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene

rhino got it correct, attaboy. The only people at this point in time that can apply for a non-resident permit from Illinois are the permit holders from Hawaii. Oh that is right there are none. However there is no reason you cannot take the training because it has no expiration date, just like a NRA course. If and when Illinois laws change to give this option to permit holders from other states including Indiana you will be good to go. That being said I personally don't think that will happen anytime soon. I recently had a nice sit down talk with my pro-gun State Rep. and he told me there will be no major changes to the CCW law for the next two years. There will possibly be some small non-controversial changes or clean-up of terms but that is all. Mike Madigan who is the speaker of the house and pretty much rules Illinois is tired of dealing with the subject so that is it. Jim.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Thanks for the heads up. I knew it sounded to good to be true. I just saw the Hawaii BS. I spend a lot of time over there, so what your saying is I have to move to IL in order to protect myself? Chills running down spine.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks for the heads up. I knew it sounded to good to be true. I just saw the Hawaii BS. I spend a lot of time over there, so what your saying is I have to move to IL in order to protect myself? Chills running down spine.

Or don't go there at all.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    You can currently carry in your car with your Indiana LTCH, but you have to leave the handgun in your locked vehicle when you get out.

(e) Nothing in this Act shall prohibit a non-resident from
    25transporting a concealed firearm within his or her vehicle in
    26Illinois, if the concealed firearm remains within his or her
    1vehicle and the non-resident:
    2 (1) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a
    3 firearm under federal law;
    4 (2) is eligible to carry a firearm in public under the
    5 laws of his or her state or territory of residence; and
    6 (3) is not in possession of a license under this Act.
    7 If the non-resident leaves his or her vehicle unattended,
    8he or she shall store the firearm within a locked vehicle or
    9locked container within the vehicle in accordance with
    10subsection (b) of Section 65 of this Act.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    My dad lives in IL, his class consisted of going to a shady apartment, showing the guy he knew how to hold a gun, writing a check and he was out in 20 minutes.

MAC100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2014
    United States
    My dad lives in IL, his class consisted of going to a shady apartment, showing the guy he knew how to hold a gun, writing a check and he was out in 20 minutes.
    Not supposed to be like that. He took it from an unscrupulous instructor. I took NRA basic pistol in IL just because it was the closest one that fit my schedule. It is supposed to be 8hours of safety such as basic pistol, 8 hours of legal, where you can carry and can't, and range qualification. My instructor talked about other instructors that were doing this garbabge one just put videos up on YouTube. Pay him watch the YouTube video he mailed you your certificate. He said the IL state police caught that guy and are prosecuting him.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Where did I say it helps our cause? Just passing along my experience with IL certs.

Maybe you prefer we have to take 40 hours of training for something that is already offered to us via constitutional amendments?

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Where did I say it helps our cause? Just passing along my experience with IL certs.

Maybe you prefer we have to take 40 hours of training for something that is already offered to us via constitutional amendments?

And what happens to all the people, who paid for the shortcut course, and their permits when the authorities find out??? A bare minimum they will of have to pay for and retake the required training. That is assuming they are not banned from getting their permit ever again.

And no, I would prefer not to have to have to pay for training or have to get the permit in the first place but those are the rules we currently live under. And I question the character of those who cheat the system and those who brag about it on the internet. Just me talking.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene

Hopefully it is not too late to cancel the check. The people taking the classes from the instructors caught short cutting have all had their permits denied. This includes some people who say they did do the required training hours from these instructors the total number of students affected is just under 100. The instructors are to refund the money to the students and they must appeal the denial and show proof of an approved course.
    I am an instructor and do not shortcut my students. I also start out my classes by saying the training requirements are crap and should be the same as Utah. I then proced to give the approved course with the required number of hours because that is what the law requires. I say Utah instead of Indiana because this law is new and confusing and written by people that know very little about firearms and passed the law only because the court forced it to be. Utah is basicly a four hour course dealing with laws and no live fire requirements. I find a fair number of students that really need the carry law explained in easy to understand terms. We in Illinois also have the FOID card to own or possess firearms and transportation laws that have been in effect for years. People don't understand these laws to the extent they are either transporting firearms illegaly or in many cases are doing more than the law requires.
    The live fire requirements are also IMHO stupid shooting at a B-27 which is huge at the distances of 5, 7 and 10 yards and a total of 21 hits out of 30 rounds, ten from each distance. After about six months the ISP has changed the scoring area from anywhere in the black to within the 7 ring so head shots no longer count.
    Yes there is soo much stupid in this law it is amazing but it is the law and for now it is what we must live with. Anyone who has been shorted on hours or live fire requirements needs to demand their money back now and get training from an honest and capable instructor. Otherwise they will be in danger of having their permit denied or their permit revoked. Jim.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    And what happens to all the people, who paid for the shortcut course, and their permits when the authorities find out??? A bare minimum they will of have to pay for and retake the required training. That is assuming they are not banned from getting their permit ever again.

And no, I would prefer not to have to have to pay for training or have to get the permit in the first place but those are the rules we currently live under. And I question the character of those who cheat the system and those who brag about it on the internet. Just me talking.

I thought you might need this, just so you don't make the same mistake twice.

[h=2]brag[/h] [brag] Show IPA
    verb (used without object), bragged, brag·ging. 1. to use boastful language; boast: He bragged endlessly about his high score.

verb (used with object), bragged, brag·ging. 2. to boast of: He bragged that he had won.

noun 3. a boast or vaunt.

4. a thing to boast of.

5. a boaster.

6. an old English card game similar to poker.

Top Bottom