• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    I have researched and found some of the most advantageous self defense scissors. Note, I live in the city where CQB would be the dominant scenario, so no long range "sniper" scissors are listed, but feel free to add them if you wish!

Starting off we have the AK of scissors: Heavy, unwieldy, but reliable. No plastic foolery or brilliant finish, these bad boys are made for nothing short of war.

$(KGrHqZHJEEE94gg)r+EBPn01YoGt!~~60_1.JPG

Next are the tacticool scissors. Due to their lightweight construction, they might not be able to take much abuse, but with the tactical black plastic grips and the laser, they are a formidable home defense weapon. Note the oversized thumb hole for increased controllability. Sorry guys, these aren't ambidextrous, but I hear Stag might be coming out with a LH model soon.

Straight-Edge-Laser-Guided-Scissors_22633-l-500x333.jpg

Now, I know I will get the obligatory comment saying "You can't defend your home with that! This is overkill and you're going to end up cutting into your neighbors house with that high powered weapon!1!!" So for those of you with this sentiment, I have included what I like to refer to as the shotscissors. You don't even have to be accurate!

Herb-Cutting-Scissors.jpg

Everyone should make sure they have a good CCS or LTCS pair of scissors for those days when carrying long scissors just can't be done. Be sure to have a pair of backup scissors (BUS) for when the unthinkable happens and your main pair jams up (Your odds of this happening increase exponentially if you buy anything but Glock brand scissors)!

tactical-scissors.jpg

silvery-mini-scissors-pendant-metal-keychain-keyring-2964.jpg

In the wake of the recent mass scissorings, public outcry has been rampant to pass legislation for a new Assault Scissors Ban. Prices for these style scissors is at an all time high, and store shelves across the nation where these would normally sit are empty. They can still be found on sites like Scissorsbroker and Scissorslist, but be prepared to pay a huge premium! Picture may be offensive to some, as these fully auto scissors are clearly made for one purpose: Death.

0_AirShirz-Foot-Tendon.jpg

Finally, no one wants to go through SHTF without a way to reload these weapons, as we all know a pair of dull scissors is just a fancy club. For this purpose I've purchased a reloading kit. This Smiths kit will sharpen most of the common scissors calibers.

Smith's_Edge_Counter_Safe_Knife_and_Scissors_Sharpener(1).jpg

:ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15:

Seriously though, scissors?

Last edited:

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Will strike shear terror in the hearts of any armed attacker.
    This is cutting edge stuff. Everybody stay sharp out there, no shortcuts.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Setting the bar for a quality post at a new high. No excuse for those that can't cut it.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    You know, your Glock scissor thing makes me wonder: How much would it cost to Melonite a solid, older pair of Fiskars... I'm going to call Cold Creek tomorrow and get an estimate... :D

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Heres mine, with my new Houge grips installed.
    images

Heres the latest offerings from Bill Ruger
    images

and OF COURSE, lets not forget HIPOINT
    images

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Here's Feinstein's version. They're safer but will allow you to hold your attacker until the police arrive.

scissor-handled-serving-tongs_zpsfa578d7a.jpg

Nancy Pelosi approved.

pelosi_zps091c375f.jpg

Last edited:

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I just feel that these new fangled scissors have no beauty, no character. Nothing feels like a pair of scssors with wood grips. I know it's an older design, but the workmanship that went into these is second to none, and my grandfatcher carried these scissors across the pacific in WWII.

15_1323175964666_l.jpg

If that is not your thing they have these great scissors with a multi-purpose marked lower. You can use differet type uppers with the same lower. So cool!!!

Green+Drawer+-+Drawer+4.jpg

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I heard that opening and closing the scissors a few times fast will make the bad guys wet their pants and run away.

Top Bottom