• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    So I was fiddling around cleaning my gun collection, and came acrossed this. and Im not sure I want to keep it.. I dont think I have ever even fired rounds down range out of it. The only thing not in my safe is a bolt gun. I have no bolt guns at all. So Im contemplating trading or selling this sucker off..

Why should I keep it? What can it do that no other gun can do? Why is a bolt gun less than this?

Why Should I pick up an R700, R770, Howa 1500? How will my life be more complete with or without this carbine?

There are your talking points lol. Talk me Down man

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    If it were more compact, I could see the appeal. But as long as it is, a higher powered caliber makes more sense.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My only beef is that as a carbine, its pretty damn long. Or is it an optical illusion?

Whats the point of firing handgun rounds out of a full length barrel? isnt the point of a semi auto "SMG" to be short and maneuverable?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I would sell it. It's ugly, and as someone else said a .223/5.56 is better. That is the reason I sold off my 9mm AR a couple of years ago.
    You could do a lot more with a bolt gun. About the only 9mm carbine that I think is cool is an HK MP5, and they just have a cool factor to them.
    Just my opinion.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Why Should I pick up an R700, R770, Howa 1500? How will my life be more complete with or without this carbine?
    If you don't have any bolt guns, DON'T get a 770! They are a good tossaround/brother-in-law gun, but I'd hate to see you turned off to bolt guns, because you picked up the bottom end of the spectrum!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Forgot it was in 9mm..... Nothing wrong with it... I just dont use 9mm.

IMHO the only reason for this rifle in that caliber is a SHTF rifle with common ammo for your sidearm. If you don't have any other 9s then it's probably not the best caliber for a rifle. The only redeeming feature I see for this is common ammo.

I actually considered getting either a .40 upper or one of those cheap carbines I've seen at Bradis in .40 (can't recall who makes it) since I shoot 40s.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    They have a couple of those at Kodiak for rent and sale. It makes sense for them -- they can rent it to shooters to use on the range using 9mm. Because some idiots used AP 5.56 rounds and poked holes in the AR500, they no longer allow anything but .22LR and handgun calibers. So, one could take a JR carbine, make it tacticool, and use it on steel at an indoor range for fun.

Personally, the only possible reason I can imagine for having one is the same reason that some use for justifying the existence of .22LR ARs -- training with economy. I could load up a bunch of 9mm and have a fun time shooting stuff with one of those, in times when .22LR and 5.56 ammo are scarce.

At a recent gathering at Kodiak, Lock Stock & Barrel had a fun Beretta 9mm carbine that he generously passed around. Nothing wrong with a little fun! However, I wouldn't count on it for self-defense (but it's better than nothing.)

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Are these things reliable? Are the robust and dependable? If so, keep it. Apply for a stamp and SBR the hell out of that ugly thing! You could have a really fun short barreled bullet hose to plink around with.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Are these things reliable? Are the robust and dependable? If so, keep it. Apply for a stamp and SBR the hell out of that ugly thing! You could have a really fun short barreled bullet hose to plink around with.

Very reliable, I have one of the Just Right Carbines in 9mm just like that, but I do not have the extension on the end of the barrel, looks to be a long flash hider.

The barrel's are 16 inches long and it's set up so that you can buy a .40 or .45 conversion for it.

My intentions are later on getting another barrel and applying for a SBR permit and knock it down to an 8-10 inch carbine, I believe Rhine is going to do the same thing.

BTW. SNS, want to sell a couple of those 33 rounders if you get rid of it?

Top Bottom