• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've read decent reviews and if the price is right, why not. It's Veteran's Day, so it's a good time to buy a 1911. It would be better if it were an American 1911, but there is something purely American in every 1911, no matter where they were built.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I've read decent reviews and if the price is right, why not. It's Veteran's Day, so it's a good time to buy a 1911. It would be better if it were an American 1911, but there is something purely American in every 1911, no matter where they were built.

I wonder what the cheapest American made 1911 is.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I would guess Remington R1, which is almost twice the price. Im not buying today, just considering. I passed on a good deal for a Para Expert, but It was double stack and stainless, and I really just want as close to GI issue, basic 1911. Its more just to have one. I wont carry it, my Glock fills that roll very well. I just did a little searching on INGO, but I wondered, since theyve been out for awhile now, what people think about them.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    I've heard they are good pistols from an owner I know. Might pick one up myself. You can never have too many...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have a tendancy to buy the "better" brands of pretty much everything. That said, I own a turkish shotgun and I think it works just fine. Will it hold up to 10,000 shells per year on the skeet circuit for 20 years? No, probably not. But I don't shoot that much. If I shoot 1000 shells per year, that is a good year of shooting. At that many shells, it will last the rest of my life.

I don't know how avid a shooter you are, but unless you shoot competitively and a lot, I'd bet it would work just fine. Keep in mind that if you do decide to sell it and move on to something else, you may not get your money out of it. But then again, you don't have much money into it. I rather lose 20% on a $400 gun than 10% on a $1000 gun.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    OOOHHHH!!!!! I like it.... But let the thread continue... Im still interested in opinions. The firearm was still kinda new when hickok reviewed it. Most everything works great when its brand new.

I'm with seedubs for sure. I didn't know you could pick up a SA that low. I would pay the extra without a second thought. You can even justify putting some money into the SA if you really get into 1911's and shoot it a lot.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    If I buy a 1911, it will be a fun gun, nothing more. I hate manual safeties. I just always wanted a GI issue 1911, if for nothing else but to fondle it, shoot it, and take it apart. lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm with seedubs for sure. I didn't know you could pick up a SA that low. I would pay the extra without a second thought. You can even justify putting some money into the SA if you really get into 1911's and shoot it a lot.

I have one that I stuffed full of the cool parts just because I like doing it.
    Out of the box it was just fine.
    Now it is better than just fine.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    You guys have any legitimate reasons someone should not buy one?
    I wonder if people of the 50's were as critical of the 1911's made by Union switch and signal, or sewing machine companies, or the ones made in Canada. Sometimes this American pride thing flies a perpendicular course to reality. You can not trust an American name, to be an American product. Arent the Springfield's made of Brazilian components?

This is like the endless good ole boys I see touting their Chevy pickups, while bashing Toyotas for being "foreign made crap" Never realizing how ridiculous they look.

BTW, I think you will find, Turkey is not an Island.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Every review I've read or watched has spoken pretty highly of that Tisas.

If I was in the market for a 1911 clone, wouldn't hesitate picking one up as a plinker.

Top Bottom