• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    So my Talon Grips came in today. I cleaned my grip area with the included alcohol wipe, let it dry. Also swabbed some additional on there, let that dry... Great. Now it was time to apply the actual grip. Did just as I was instructed. Took a heat gun, got that baby hot. I pressed the grip tight. I took my fingernail and pushed in the grip in the crevices in the front/back of the pistol's original grip. I went around all edges of the new Talon grip and made sure I pressed it in firmly after the heat gun, etc.

Well, after it all cooled down I put the pistol in my pocket holster. (Galco leather one) Only later did I realize that in doing so, the grip appears to have rolled up a bit in that area. Little discouraging, seeing as it's only a few hours old. Is there anyway to fix this, and to prevent it from getting worse? The new Talon Grip is quite comfortable but I'm going to rip it off and consider my $18 spent a pro 2nd amendment donation if it continues to peel off. (Which I am okay with, if I can't fix this)

GjU2ZPW.jpg

Should be noted I removed it from my Galco holster and the one above is my N82 IWB holster. I didn't want the grip to peel off more.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Heat that corner area back up nice and hot, press the crap out of it for about 5 minutes, slowly release pressure and put something on it for an hour or so while it cools naturally. Or, go with a more permanent and effective solution, stippling.

GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    I've been using Talons grips on all my hand-guns for a few years now. Never had a problem until I tried to put one on upside down and complained to Talon. Very good customer service, they sent me new ones before I realized my mistake. I sent their new ones back with an apology. A heat gun might be too much heat. A 1300 or 1500 Watt hair dryer is all you need to apply because if you still need to adjust the grips you still can. But, once you have them where you like them, heat as much as possible and take a good shooting grip, and grip the sh** out of them for as long as possible. It works for Baby Glocks for sure. Just my opinion..

Top Bottom