• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Fun and all, but I just can't help thinking that there was a lot of salvageable material there....I know, old and stodgy.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    That is almost identical in size and construction to my barn. Except I have galvanized roofing.
    164lbs.... Good to know

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Oh my

We have a really old barn on our property. Old as in "our 90 year old neighbor remembers watching cockfights there on Sat night when he was a kid".

the old, supposedly valuable wood was removed and replaced a long time ago. But the thing really got into trouble once one bit of the roof gave way. This led to water damage and now the whole thing is just melting into the surrounding forest environment. Bats have been living there for a while. Turkey vultures started living there and it's kinda creepy when a bird that big comes flying out of there.

It would be fun to blow it up, but I particularly don't want to destroy the bats or their habitat.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That is almost identical in size and construction to my barn. Except I have galvanized roofing.
    164lbs.... Good to know

Oh my

We have a really old barn on our property. Old as in "our 90 year old neighbor remembers watching cockfights there on Sat night when he was a kid".

the old, supposedly valuable wood was removed and replaced a long time ago. But the thing really got into trouble once one bit of the roof gave way. This led to water damage and now the whole thing is just melting into the surrounding forest environment. Bats have been living there for a while. Turkey vultures started living there and it's kinda creepy when a bird that big comes flying out of there.

It would be fun to blow it up, but I particularly don't want to destroy the bats or their habitat.

Are these Invites? Veiled suggestions for a group buy/meet & shoot? :laugh:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Are these Invites? Veiled suggestions for a group buy/meet & shoot? :laugh:

:whistle: I'm thinking it's probably against code for dismantling in Hendricks County.

A match would have been the cheapest way......and you would have had a lot smaller mess to clean up also.

Yes, but aside from the risk of my setting the neighbors crops or christmas tree farm on fire, I just don't quite get the same giggle factor with a bonfire. It'd almost be worth the money to see in person. I know it's less expensive than renting equipment and tearing it down myself, and WAY more fasterer.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    where is the metal from the 55gal drum go?

but,

ill_allow_it_community.gif

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Wow. That charge did a nice job of bringing the barn down without much apparent nearby damage. The shed and tree to the right seemed unaffected.

Like others who like the look of the weathered barn siding, I wondered about the option of harvesting the barn instead of blowing it up. However, it wasn't my barn so not my decision to make.

The owner may have avoided some potential safety problems associated with dismantling an old barn by bringing it down to ground level quickly. Very nice video!

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Wow. That charge did a nice job of bringing the barn down without much apparent nearby damage. The shed and tree to the right seemed unaffected.

Like others who like the look of the weathered barn siding, I wondered about the option of harvesting the barn instead of blowing it up. However, it wasn't my barn so not my decision to make.

The owner may have avoided some potential safety problems associated with dismantling an old barn by bringing it down to ground level quickly. Very nice video!

Seems I remember a spectacular video of a stump removal performed by one of INGO' s very own...very effective too! :whistle:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Do NOT give my husband the idea of removing stumps with tannerite. I just talked him out of spending $200 to remove a stump and instead I planted it with a climbing vine and inoculated it with mushrooms.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Do NOT give my husband the idea of removing stumps with tannerite. I just talked him out of spending $200 to remove a stump and instead I planted it with a climbing vine and inoculated it with mushrooms.

I just emailed the video to my best friend since childhood. We were always playing with gasoline and blowing stuff up. I told him that it was probably a good thing it wasn't around when we were teenagers. :):

Top Bottom