• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I took four buddies down to my rural property for some range time and visits to my favorite gun stores down south, and one of the guys picked up some tannerite. Hehehehe, that was fun.

Just for funsies we put a half cup right up against a cardboard target, and it sheared the cardboard in half. Water bottles just disappeared, leaving a blast of label confetti and a bit of twisted bottle cap.

We did have one dud, though. One guy hit the bottle but missed the granules, and the subsequent hit was much less dramatic.

Definitely a fun way to burn through someone else's $20, though.:rockwoot:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Tannerite is a blast - a buddy & I put 2 1/2 lbs under a 30gal pressure tank and holy crap that tank went @ 50-60 feet straight up - total blast - you really need @ $100 worth per outing to get your $ worth - still can't believe its legal but thank God it is :rockwoot:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We'll ship it to your door if you need to satisfy an itch for BOOM!

H2 Targets and Tannerite for your browsing pleasure. Check out the H2 targets bulk packs. Individual 1lb packets much cheaper than tannerite for bulk.

Exploding Targets

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Sounds like fun stuff. It is all new to me. I am going to have to get some and try it out. Thanks for the information.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Dude, $100 is enough to make your own home-made tannerite to the tune of 100+ pounds... I make mine for just over 50 cents/pound and I haven't used more than about $25 worth of "ingredients" in the years I've been shooting the stuff...

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    They are now selling tannerite for rim fire .22
    They used to have .22 targets that were already mixed and ready to shoot. They were about 2" across and were adhesive backed. A high velocity BB or pellet gun would detonate them too. I'm thinking they were about a quarter each.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Dude, $100 is enough to make your own home-made tannerite to the tune of 100+ pounds... I make mine for just over 50 cents/pound and I haven't used more than about $25 worth of "ingredients" in the years I've been shooting the stuff...
    HOw's that work?

bullet293

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    OMOKOK
    Tannerite is a blast - a buddy & I put 2 1/2 lbs under a 30gal pressure tank and holy crap that tank went @ 50-60 feet straight up - total blast - you really need @ $100 worth per outing to get your $ worth - still can't believe its legal but thank God it is :rockwoot:
    still can't believe its legal but thank God it is :rockwoot:tannerite is legal but putting pressure tanks or gas cans on it or putting it in old microwaves isnt. im not sure but i think you just admitted to bomb making on a public forum??:laugh::rockwoot::patriot: someone please correct me if im wrong because i think it would be fun to blow some stuff up as long as it aint bubba in the big house.

jimmytj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    As much as i hate to say it, I'm afraid "the man" will put this on the "too much fun" list soon.

Top Bottom