Taqueria robber shot dead by patron. video /bad shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I wish I could say I have the same confidence as you.
    Reality has a way of punching you in the face. Believing you can control an adrenaline dump, fear, sensory overload, or any of the other numerous things happening in a similar situation, is naive.
    Next time you're in on, and you know when you are, think choice, and hold that thought.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Yea. The last shot when he held the perps gun is going to get him a murder charge. It's Texas so it'll probably get pled to manslaughter, but either way it's going to be time.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Not to mention we didn’t really SEE anything maybe he was reaching for his waistband ? Kinda hard to judge from where we’re sitting

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Something is not right here, a bit strange. I’m thinking the shooter has a rap record and left because he knows he’s in deep trouble.

It was all too easy for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    INRBEkK.jpg

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Your character will be judged in any shtf situation, by your friends, family, wife, girlfriend, colleagues, and their level of trust in you depends on the decisions you make.
    I’m pretty much past giving a **** what people view or judge me as. I’m also pretty much past giving a duck when a piece of **** thug takes the room temp challenge. **** around and find out.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    That said - it took him AGES to draw his firearm.
    These two videos didn't show the very beginning of the robbery where it looks like he surreptitiously draws AIWB & stages the pistol on his left. Most of those (news footage below) stop just before the first shot. Not clear if that left side action was chambering a round, or more likely a non-ambi safety.

He then waited for his turn while staged, until the robber showed his back.

I've got no love lost here, but it may be wise for us all to consider the average grand jury panelist and the average jurist. It's likely that most would consider the last shot excessive, and quite likely the 4 preceding shots as well - even if we might look on them with far more leniency.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I humbly ask those who are asserting that the last shot fired was unnecessary, please tell us where the robbers hands were, and what was in them, at the time of the shot.
    We are all, to one degree or another, commenting on how things appeared to be, not how they actually were.
    The robbers upper torso is blocked from camera view by the shooter, so we're only able to speculate. Most of the patrons, that is "witnesses" view was similarly blocked. Until another camera angle can be found, there is no proof to contradict, or corroborate, self defense.

I agree that it looks bad, at the end, but we weren't there.
    A lot more evidence has to be acquired, such as bullet trajectories, number of wounds, etc., before it can be called a bad shoot.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    And the tone here would be completely different. Something something executioner something something.
    I don't know about that so. I always appreciate it when the police save the taxpayers' money by forgoing the need for a trial & lengthy incarceration for the scumbag.

Back to the OP: IMO the last rounds look like a "not good shoot", although the initial ones were completely justified. I guess we'll learn more when the rest of the details come out.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    The great Charlie Brown (yes, that one) one opined, "Stupid should hurt." Well, it certainly hurt the robber. I am afraid it is going to hurt the shooter, also.

If on the jury, the charge would likely determine my vote. If he is charged with murder, I'm "not guilty" before opening statements.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I’m okay with the shooting. He fired until he was satisfied the threat was completely over.
    Unfortunately, he won't be judged by whether or not HE was SATISFIED. By that standard, I should be allowed to track down and kill ANYONE who has EVER committed a violent personal crime. He will be judged according to what a bunch of folks who've never been in that position think is REASONABLE. If he goes to trial.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Would anyone here convict if on the jury?
    Criminals need to learn that their way of life isn't worth the risk.
    Nope, DEADLY force justified. He's dead, justifiably.

Frankly, I wouldn't care if he reloaded and emptied another mag into him.

I would not do that, but will not judge someone who did in that situation.

Last edited:

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    From the law's view it probably was a good shoot, up until the robber went down and stopped being a threat. Personally, I'm glad the shooter mag-dumped. All violent felons need to be executed on the spot.
    Executed on the spot? You don't even believe that yourself. I am quite sure you will continue to think that way when you do a 'good shoot', and some other good-guy-with-a-gun assumes you are a violent felon.

Top Bottom