• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Penske

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    I have looked at both . Just wondering which of the 2 are better? or if there is something else I should look at .

thanks
    Lyal

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    The Ruger is a very good pistol, I've never been unhappy with any Ruger product I have owned. But, for me to CC I would pick the 709. Just be sure to run a couple of hundred rounds through it to make sure it is reliable. This is something that I do with any pistol that I will be carrying.

cubsfan1984

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    Never shot the Taurus, but I really like the sr9c. It shoots really nice and you get the option of having a 10rd mag and a 15?rd. But the Taurus would be a little better of an option for concealed carry with its smaller size.

Penske

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    I'm gonna go back to look at them tomorrow I was set on the 709 until I saw the SR9c but probably just gonna get the 709 :)

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I have never handled the Ruger, but my 709 conceals very well under a T-shirt either IWB or OWB. It is very accurate and reliable.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I CC the 709. Excellent weapon. I bought used. Had some problems. Taurus fixed them on their dime. Good to go with any ammo now. Easy to conceal. Easier to shoot than the Ruger, IMO.

Penske

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    I bought a brand new PT 22 it had a lot of issues so I called them sent it in and had it back in 4 weeks now it works great. they replaced the firing pin , and adjusted the slide rail.

Last edited:

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    I've looked at both, I like the looks and feel of both, but I have not shot either. My only comment is this:

Words can not express how ridiculous the loaded chamber indicator looks on the SR9C.

72d64e5b.jpg

DSC09940.JPG

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    never shot the taurus personally, but i shot my buddy's sr9c a few weeks ago and it seemed to be a very fine choice for a self defense firearm. Plus i hear ruger has excellent customer service.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I CC the 709. Excellent weapon. I bought used. Had some problems. Taurus fixed them on their dime. Good to go with any ammo now. Easy to conceal. Easier to shoot than the Ruger, IMO.

Have you shot the Ruger SR9c, dad? The SR9c is a semi-auto with a trigger safety, just like the Glock and 709 have. You thinking of Josh's Ruger SP101?

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If it were me I would get the sr9c. Get what you really want though. It is your gun and you will be the one carrying it. As long as you are comfortable with it that is all that matters. Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    OP: If you're cross shopping these two pistols, I'd also suggest trying out a Kahr CW-9 or P-9. the P is more $$, but for me, the CW is just fine.

And for me, I'd much rather have a Kahr product than a Taurus. Then again, I'd take a lot of things before I would a Taurus.

-J-

Top Bottom