• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    I picked one of these up a few months ago and I really like. Do you have one? If so tell me some of your pros and cons about it.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I had the PT740 and it was a very nice gun. I always said that I would of liked the 9mm version better. It always seemed to work without camplaints. Jim

justjoe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    gun counter at walmart
    Picked up one 4 months ago, like the trigger and the fact it goes bang every time. About 500 rdns. so far with no ftf or fte. Not crazy about the sights, but it's a close in weapon. Easy to carry or to conceal.

Shroom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    Middletown, IN
    Size wise would this be a good option for a small framed woman? Been looking around for something for the wife and this seems like a viable option, seems not to small but not to big.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I've got one in my pocket right now! Several thousand rounds through it with no significant issues.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Size wise would this be a good option for a small framed woman? Been looking around for something for the wife and this seems like a viable option, seems not to small but not to big.

It would be a good EDC for a small person, male or female. I bought mine used. Taurus fixed up under warranty at no cost to me. Fires first time, every time with clean ammo. I did run some very dirty ammo through it, probably reloads, and these jammed up the 709. It also jammed up my son's G19. I now have about 700 rounds through it. Not sure how many the original owner put through it.

The 709 is my regular summer EDC. I use a High Noon Split Decision

The 709 Slim is an excellent choice for EDC. Reliable. Accurate. Comfortable to carry IWB.

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    I picked one of these up a few months ago and I really like. Do you have one? If so tell me some of your pros and cons about it.

Bought mine in January. It's the first gun I've owned, and I'm in loooooove.
    But that could just be because I'm still on a high.

When I first got it, BlueEagle documented the first time I took it out here. That's a really old thread, but it's worth the read.

How is carrying it? I'm looking for a EDC that would be comfortable to carry IWB.

I've carried it around the house IWB and it seems just fine. However, I've not carried it out yet as I don't have (just got the notifier though!) my CCDW yet. Next week ... cannot get here fast enough.

It would be a good EDC for a small person, male or female. I bought mine used. Taurus fixed up under warranty at no cost to me. Fires first time, every time with clean ammo.[B/] I did run some very dirty ammo through it, probably reloads, and these jammed up the 709. It also jammed up my son's G19. I now have about 700 rounds through it. Not sure how many the original owner put through it.

The 709 is my regular summer EDC. I use a High Noon Split Decision

The 709 Slim is an excellent choice for EDC. Reliable. Accurate. Comfortable to carry IWB.

I only had one issue, well I guess two, but it relates and is written in the above range report. Pay good attention to that part, it FTE'd on me quite a few times with the WWB. Roughly 3:5 times. However, most people say it will smooth out after a few hundred rounds, I haven't tried it again. It likes the Remingtons, so I just use those. :)

It's a beautiful little pistol. And I really think I'm in love.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have one and got the Crimson Trace laser on it. I really like that. I don't have lots of rounds through, because my EDC is a .45, but it may wind up as the GF's carry unless there's something she finds better for her.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Bought mine in January. It's the first gun I've owned, and I'm in loooooove.
    But that could just be because I'm still on a high.

When I first got it, BlueEagle documented the first time I took it out here. That's a really old thread, but it's worth the read.

I've carried it around the house IWB and it seems just fine. However, I've not carried it out yet as I don't have (just got the notifier though!) my CCDW yet. Next week ... cannot get here fast enough.

I only had one issue, well I guess two, but it relates and is written in the above range report. Pay good attention to that part, it FTE'd on me quite a few times with the WWB. Roughly 3:5 times. However, most people say it will smooth out after a few hundred rounds, I haven't tried it again. It likes the Remingtons, so I just use those. :)

It's a beautiful little pistol. And I really think I'm in love.

To clarify, the rounds with which I had trouble were not standard loads. They had a tangible sticky film on the outside. The shells had a mixture of manufacturers on them—Tula included. I think they were reloads, but I am not sure. I had to clean the sticky substance off the rounds before I could shoot more than three without a jam in all of my pistols.

I have used WWB, Remington, S&B, and other factory loads in the 709 and never had a FTF or FTE. I am confident in the performance of this weapon.

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I have one and got the Crimson Trace laser on it. I really like that. I don't have lots of rounds through, because my EDC is a .45, but it may wind up as the GF's carry unless there's something she finds better for her.

My EDC for the last 2 years...I also have the CT :ar15:

I have about 1500 - 2000 rounds through it and have never had a problem :draw:

Top Bottom