• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    Anyone have experience with this model? It appears to be Taurus's clone of the CZ75. I'd like to look into the possibility of purchasing one if it performs even close to that of the CZ line.. Thank you, Joshua.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Cannot speak for that exact model, but I have yet to experience an issue with any of my full-sized Taurus handguns. If it were up to me, I would trust it.

Hopefully you will get some more responses from people who actually own that model, though.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Anyone have experience with this model? It appears to be Taurus's clone of the CZ75. I'd like to look into the possibility of purchasing one if it performs even close to that of the CZ line.. Thank you, Joshua.

No it is not a clone of a CZ 75, far from it.

I own both the PT-809 & PT-845 and hope to soon be purchasing the PT-840 along with the .22 conversion kit that can be used on all three models, something that I don't think any manufacture has ever tried.

While I have not fired the PT-845 yet and plan to do so soon. My PT-809 now has had well over 3000 rounds through it with nary a FTF, FTE or any other problem or in any weather condition. And this has included a wide temperature range of 98 degrees last July during the PW1 Get together (see here, https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._get_together_july_24_2010_a.html#post1183237) shooting over 500 rounds that day, and this last winter when it was in the teens.

Unlike the problems Taurus had with the first generation Millennium line. Taurus got this model line correct right off the bat.

Go ahead and purchase one, you will should be fully satisfied, I know I am and I used to own a CZ75 about 7 years ago.

Here's my initial review of it back in Sept. of 2009, short and sweet.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/52630-taurus_809_range_report.html#post573809

Last edited:
    Top Bottom