• ...and so much more!
  • gunmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    taurus 85 or a rossi 351

hi
    looking at buying either a taurus 85 ultra-light .38 or a rossi 351, any thoughts.:draw:

Last edited:

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I've had a standard 85 for 10 years now and take it out and shoot it at least 2 times a year so I can't brag about 1000's of rounds or hard use, its a hide out piece but always runs when I take it out.

Back in the day rossi was low quality bordering on junk, now I know they have been improving and I don't own one

why am I making this post?

OOH I'm happy with the taurus and don't have any good things to say about rossi, but I'm not a rossi expert

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I have a Taurus M85 and have owned a couple of Rossi's (one was a snubbie M68). I'd take the Taurus any day over the Rossi. My M85 even shoots as well (or maybe even a tad better) than my 4" S&W Model 10, even though it only has a 2" barrel.

My general experience with Rossi, both old and new, says you are much better off with the Taurus (and Rossi customer service is complete garbage).

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I purchased a Rossi .357 Mag a couple of years ago. I have put around 500 rds. through it and have not had any problems at all. Action is really slick and trigger is fairly decent. It is accurate and points well. I'm thinking it is a model 462. It is SS 2" snubbie. I liked the way it fit my hand over the Ruger SP 101 2" .357, so I bought it instead. An impulse buy that was $100.00 less than the Ruger. It is one impulse that I am completely happy with so far. I have not shot a Taurus in a long time though so I guess I am not much help.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    I own a rossi

I have a rossi 351 mag 2in barrell bought it new 4 years ago. it was good for about 100 rounds then somehow the timing is off and all it would do is dent primers and cylinder would not be in correct place. also the hammer broke off deff prob my fault didnt drop it but musta bumped it in the car. i have not had the chance to talk with them about repairing it yet. i like the gun maybe just bad luck i have no expirience with the other one. it is fun to shoot.

not a big help but thats my 2 cents

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If you want a rossi. Look for the Interarms imports with the stamp. Made on the old machines smith and wesson sold off for the police and military. They buy's only brazilian stuff in that country. They are or were better than the taurus of the same years, Then again that was more than 20 years ago.

Top Bottom