• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This has been out for awhile now not much publicity.

I was trying to find a handgun similar to the Shield Plus in size, but something that had at least 15rd capacity or more. So I went to handgun hero and found out the G3x is very similar to the Shield Plus except it has 15, and 17rd capacity. With Sig P226 18rd magazine it's had 18+1.

I was surprised that the G3x isn't much bigger than the Shield Plus and with the Shield Plus 13rd magazine it's almost identical in size and weight.

For $223 $20 shipping with no sales tax and say a $25 transfer you get a lot of gun for under $270.

Last edited:

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I've had the original Shield along with the Taurus G2C/G3C and G3. There's no comparison between the quality of the S&W and Taurus because at the end of the day, Taurus is just a cheap gun with a spongey trigger that I wouldn't trust my life with. Taurus would be a good choice for a disposable truck gun that if you lost it, you wouldn't be out much. Now the older Taurus Pistols/Revolvers, that's a whole different story. But in all this, YMMV.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've had the original Shield along with the Taurus G2C/G3C and G3. There's no comparison between the quality of the S&W and Taurus because at the end of the day, Taurus is just a cheap gun with a spongey trigger that I wouldn't trust my life with. Taurus would be a good choice for a disposable truck gun that if you lost it, you wouldn't be out much. Now the older Taurus Pistols/Revolvers, that's a whole different story. But in all this, YMMV.
    I've owned 2 G2c and both were put through my 1000rd reliable test both passed with no problems. 1000rds in two days, and it included multiple types brands of FMJ, HP, brass and steel case ammunition.
    G3 series is supposed to be the next level in progress in this line. I thought the G2c was pretty good.

I never had a problem with the triggers they worked well enough. @grillak says if you don't like the Taurus trigger you can get an aftermarket trigger for them.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I've owned 2 G2c and both were put through my 1000rd reliable test both passed with no problems. 1000rds in two days, and it included multiple types brands of FMJ, HP, brass and steel case ammunition.
    G3 series is supposed to be the next level in progress in this line. I thought the G2c was pretty good.

I never had a problem with the triggers they worked well enough. @grillak says if you don't like the Taurus trigger you can get an aftermarket trigger for them.
    yup...google "just tinkering".

he even makes triggers for the g3c as well.

there's another guy that makes em too. i'll post his name when i remember.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Another sleeper that will fit this "Shield size" carry weapon in the Mossberg Mc2c. Narrower than a Shield, 13 and 15 rd capacity. I picked one up new for $250 because nobody wanted a Mossberg pistol!

Interesting, i had no idea they made handguns.

Think the 2 and 3 are the same with a couple upgrades. My daughter has the 3 but still haven't fired a round thru it.

CharlesGoodnight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I own both the Shield Plus and a Taurus G3. Shield Plus has better trigger, but they both shoot about the same accuracy to me. And both equally reliable with various ammo.

Taurus really improved their reputation with these G series guns.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Does the Sig mag need any modifying to work reliably in this pistol?
    Works just fine as if Taurus used Sig P226 magazines as their pattern.

You can get magazine sleeves for them also here.

Note: there are sleeves for G3c, GX4, G3, G3x etc, and you must choose between Taurus 17rd magazine or Sig P226 18rd magazine.

He also has a sleeve for G2c 40 S&W to use Taurus PT 24/7 15rd magazines @grillak

1679567617982.png
    Purchase of a new qualifying Taurus G3 or GX4 series product must be made between March 15, 2023 and June 18, 2023. Submission of proof of purchase must be postmarked by June 30, 2023 and received by July 15, 2023.

Last edited:

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Works just fine as if Taurus used Sig P226 magazines as their pattern.

You can get magazine sleeves for them also here.

Note: there are sleeves for G3c, GX4, G3, G3x etc, and you must choose between Taurus 17rd magazine or Sig P226 18rd magazine.

He also has a sleeve for G2c 40 S&W to use Taurus PT 24/7 15rd magazines @grillak

View attachment 264843
    Purchase of a new qualifying Taurus G3 or GX4 series product must be made between March 15, 2023 and June 18, 2023. Submission of proof of purchase must be postmarked by June 30, 2023 and received by July 15, 2023.
    I know that I have modified some P226 mags for use in my Canik Rival. They work perfectly.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    He also has a sleeve for G2c 40 S&W to use Taurus PT 24/7 15rd magazines
    yeah...i saw those. i just can't get into the extended mag mindset. i like to train the way i carry. an extra mag or two suits me. plus they make me feel like a wannabe thug.

i laugh at the extended mag guys at the gas station.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    yeah...i saw those. i just can't get into the extended mag mindset. i like to train the way i carry. an extra mag or two suits me. plus they make me feel like a wannabe thug.

i laugh at the extended mag guys at the gas station.
    I have to have at least 17rd magazine to get a decent grip.
    My CZ P10F with the flush fitting 19rd magazines are perfect for my hand.

So my perfect carry gun is a full size grip and magazine with a 3" barrel approximately.
    G3x looks to be the only candidate.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Took my G3x out today ran 121 rounds though it. Ran flawlessly 16rds of 147gr HST, and 105 rds of 147gr Summit City coated RN.

The 147gr HST were loaded with 4.2gr AutoComp COL: 1.100" Avg velocity: 917fps.
    I'm happy with the velocity of this load as I was aiming for a 900fps avg out of the 3" barrel.
    I'll get high velocity when i switch to CFE Pistol, or Longshot. Right now I'm trying to use up all the AutoComp I have left which is about 8oz more.

The 147gr SC CRN had the same load and COL. It averaged a little higher with 934fps.

The G3x so far seems to be as reliable as the G2c's I've owned in the past. I plan on shooting at least another 880rds before I give it a good to go status.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$100

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    I guess I'm a trigger snob, but my daughter uses one as an edc and I just couldn't get used to the trigger. However, she loves it and shoots it quite well. She tried my edc, an M&P Pro with a Holosun 507 and greatly preferred the Taurus.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I guess I'm a trigger snob, but my daughter uses one as an edc and I just couldn't get used to the trigger. However, she loves it and shoots it quite well. She tried my edc, an M&P Pro with a Holosun 507 and greatly preferred the Taurus.
    It's not a bad trigger after you figure it out. You have to ride it and its fine. It has a very short reset. However, if you let it all the way out you have to deal with the long pull until it hits the wall. If you ride the trigger it's really not that bad.

Top Bottom