• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • casselmb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    I've been looking at the Taurus Judge, but I'm a little reluctant because of the grip. I haven't had any trigger time with this gun, but I have been able to handle them a few times. My hands aren't huge or anything, but they're not small either. That's what worries me. The grip is short and stubby on this thing. Any owners out there with thoughts? I've seen a few aftermarket grips, especially the Hogue ones, that look interesting. I was just wondering if anybody has any experience with these, aftermarket grips or not.

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    When I first bought the Judge, I was already thinking of changing those ugly grips out, on the way home with it. Then I shot it, probably some of the most comfortable grips I've encountered. I do however, have fairly large hands. My wife, on the other hand(pun intended),has pretty small hands, and has voiced no complaints when firing it.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    When I first bought the Judge, I was already thinking of changing those ugly grips out, on the way home with it. Then I shot it, probably some of the most comfortable grips I've encountered. I do however, have fairly large hands. My wife, on the other hand(pun intended),has pretty small hands, and has voiced no complaints when firing it.

Agreed. I love the grips on mine! They almost seem to absorb the recoil somewhat with the ribbed pattern. Very comfortable as well!

casselmb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    That's really surprising. I guess I should give it a try before I write the grip off as too small. It just didn't feel right. Although I generally don't like finger grooves, I thought the Judge would really benefit from them.

Obviously I'd put some rounds through it before I change out the grips, I was just skeptical from handling it. Thanks for your opinions.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I have a Judge Public Defender. I like the grips, as said previously, it absorbes some of the recoil and it's easy to hang on to the Judge too. I was afraid it would jump right out of my hand at first. Both my husband and I can shot it comfortable and we have very different hand sizes.

As far as after market grips, I had my local gun shop check and he said they didn't make any that would work for the Judge yet. Thought there would be some out in the fall of 2011.

Honestly think you won't be disappointed. :)

casselmb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    I have a Judge Public Defender. I like the grips, as said previously, it absorbes some of the recoil and it's easy to hang on to the Judge too. I was afraid it would jump right out of my hand at first. Both my husband and I can shot it comfortable and we have very different hand sizes.

As far as after market grips, I had my local gun shop check and he said they didn't make any that would work for the Judge yet. Thought there would be some out in the fall of 2011.

Honestly think you won't be disappointed. :)

All these posts are very encouraging. Taurus should give you guys a commission, because I think you've convinced me to pick one up.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    All these posts are very encouraging. Taurus should give you guys a commission, because I think you've convinced me to pick one up.

I think you'll be happy with it. Mine came with two grips. A small one for carry and a larger one for the range, home defense, etc...
    I had a few people try to talk me out of getting one as they didn't understand the practicality of it. But I like it and would definitely buy it again.

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    +1 on the others. I was all sorts of skeptical prior to hitting the range. Frankly, I am shocked at how well they do at taming recoil and keeping the gun controllable.

Barbecue

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    I'm curious what people think about these. I about bought one at a show last weekend for $450. My old man really liked it. Are certain models better than others?

Erikkson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    South Bend
    The Judge was one of my gun purchases, its definitely a lot of fun. There are two style of grips that can be found the Ribber which i own and love, and the rubber which i've seen mostly on the stainless finished Judges. I have had no complaints with the ribber personally and from what i hear from other owners they love the rubber grip just as much. I recommend the it no matter which grip.

hunter7.3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    I bought the public defender poly a week ago. I love it. I've already put about 75 rounds through it between 410 shells and the .45 colt. Huge fan! The grips are comfortable and don't bother me what so ever.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Downtown Fort Wayne
    No doubt these look like incredibly fun guns to shoot but I've been detered recently by a lot of reviews that completely bash the accuracy of the Judge. On one hand accuracy in self defense isn't much of an issue because it's such close quarters usually but I don't want to buy a gun that's useless at the range.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I always carry mine out on the farm. Love it!! It's the long barrel stainless, and it is super comfortable, and just the fact your carrying #4 shot in a small carry weapon, is just that much better!!

I always get a kick out of anybody who sees it, has to get one, because they see how many different situations it covers, with being able to shoot 410 or LC cartridges.

I looked at the 454, 410, 45 LC the other day, and that thing is a Hammer!!

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    I shot Rayne's last weekend and was very impressed. It is a little short, but the soft rubber and the depth make up for it in a big way. We shot both 410 and .45.

adventures47129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Clarksville
    Thanks everyone!!! I have been wanting a Judge Public Defender for some time.... I got a good deal for a stainless PD but was not sure about it until I read this. I will head out in the next day or two to close the deal.

Top Bottom