• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtyrooster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    I just purchased this PT145 today. Fired 50 rounds threw it. Some times it would fire all 10I rounds just fine other times it would fire a few rounds then lock open. I would have to reset the slide and start over. Any ideas on what might cause this? I bought it used and was told it had approximately 500 rounds threw it.
    Type of ammo was Federal 230grain FMJ and Wolf 230grain Steel Caseing FMJ didn't wanna waist my Winchester Personal Defense Hallow Points.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Was it cleaned before you took it out to shoot it? And which ammo was locking up more; that Wolf steel-case....I don't really like it in most guns. I restrict it to my old com-bloc guns and haven't had any issues this way. Had a friend who shot a lot of the Wolf 9mm in his 709, and it had issues all the time.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Check your grip. Some models of handguns I accidentally ride the slide stop with my thumb and cause the slide to lock back before the mag is empty. I have seen it happen to several people.
    I have seen it on several different handguns of all makes, models, and sizes, but especially on the smaller frame handguns like the pt145.
    Just my :twocents:.

There was no other malfunction correct? No failure to eject or failure to feed, just slide lock?

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Make sure you aren't limp-wristing it. You need to hold these very firmly or they are prone to not cycling properly.

The PT145's are also plagued with magazine problems, does this occur with both magazines or just one?

Top Bottom