Taurus Raging Judge.....28 gauge pistol....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    shame, but I cant believe they didn't get it approved BEFORE they put it on display at SHOT.

I can't either, which makes me wonder if it was nothing but a marketing ploy. :dunno:

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Taurus does this kind of thing a lot. As was mentioned, you would think they would have gotten ATF clearance to build and sell the thing before they designed, built, and advertised it??? Something isn't adding up. They did this same exact thing with a .223, 5 shot "Raging Bull" revolver a few years back.

They even had the President of Taurus International on Tom Gresham's nationally syndicated radio show "Gun Talk", telling everyone how great it was going to be. I called in and asked him if they had any problems with set back. This is an issue that happens when bottleneck rifle cartridges are chambered in revolvers. Upon firing if the chamber has any oil in it, the case will set back against the frame, tying up the gun. This is the problem that ended production of the Smith & Wesson Model 53 .22 Jet revolver. He acted like he didn't understand what I was talking about.

He said the gun would be shipping in just a few weeks. You guessed it, it never made it to market. This newest fiasco with a 28 gauge pistol appears to be yet another flash in the pan from Taurus. Bill T.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I'm curious as to how that is a SBS? No stock, only a single grip. oh, it must be that shoulder thing that goes up.

Top Bottom