• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    So I coulda swore there was a specific thread about this but my search skills are not so great. I am thinking about picking one of these up so I was curious as to anyones experience. Is there any competition for this at similar size/bang for your buck? Also anyone know ballpark prices? I'm thinking about the titanium slide. Worth the price diff whatever it is? Btw you think there will be any at the 1500?

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I luuuuvvvvv my Taurus 709...shoots beautifully and accurately - nice, mostly tight groupings (well, as tight as they get with me pulling the trigger!). Paid around $360ish, I think, at Cabelas on sale. Not sure about the price of the titanium slide, though. I don't know anything about competition, but I'll gladly wait for info from someone more knowledgeable in that area! Conceals very nicely.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I really like mine, pretty accurate. Last time at the range I was able to easily dump a whole mag rapid fire into the head of an Osama Bin Laden target at 7 yards. Slow fire could of put all the rounds into his forehead, lol. Havent' had any malfunctions. I'm still looking for a holster myself. Last time down at the 1500 I do remember one stand had an IWB for them in leather. I'll prob be buying one this time around. Although I mostly throw it in the inside pocket of my coat as my BUG occasionally.

x2bax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would defiantly spring for the Stainless slide, I have the blued and carry it every day in a Ace case IWB tuckable and have had some rust issues. I have a Crossbreed super tuck on the way that should help alot. As for performance it is great, I love the size. no misfires or jams, and accurate for its size.

as for others, Ruger just announced its SR9sc today and it looks really good. my slim may be up for sale soon :)

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Love it.

It has become my preferred carry weapon in a crossbreed supertuck. I put about 500 rnds through it with no problems before it earned "trusted" status. It takes a little getting use to the trigger pull but it is accurate and reliable. Seems to feed anything I feed it, breaks down and cleans easy and is as accurate as needed for PD. The only cons I have are that mags are not real easy to get and it is a Taurus (guess that can be a pro and a con with good price and lifetime warranty yet some don't like the name). If a Glock and a Kel-tec had sex they would give birth to a Slim.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Welp scratch the 709, Ruger finally came out my baby SR9. I love my SR9 so much, I can;t possibly pass on the SR9c, plus I'll have interchangeable mags and similar feel/trigger for both. Can't wait until I can get my hands on one. Thanks anyway. haha

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I would defiantly spring for the Stainless slide, I have the blued and carry it every day in a Ace case IWB tuckable and have had some rust issues. I have a Crossbreed super tuck on the way that should help alot. As for performance it is great, I love the size. no misfires or jams, and accurate for its size.

as for others, Ruger just announced its SR9sc today and it looks really good. my slim may be up for sale soon :)

Why would you be so defiant about it? Is trying to stop you? Oh wait, did you mean "definitely"?

;)

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    so is the sr9c even gonna be in the same class as the 709? i wouldnt imagine it to be as compact and "thin". Ive considered swapping my pps for a 709 just because of the manual safety........but thats like trading in my bmw for a dodge stratus. I mean it still gets the job done i guess :dunno:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    so is the sr9c even gonna be in the same class as the 709? i wouldnt imagine it to be as compact and "thin". Ive considered swapping my pps for a 709 just because of the manual safety........but thats like trading in my bmw for a dodge stratus. I mean it still gets the job done i guess :dunno:

the 709 is a better gun than you think it is

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    LP. I know.....ive heard great reviews....and it has a couple features that the pps doesnt. But if you hold a pps.....WOW! it just feels right

Chondro788

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    SE Indianapolis
    I have the 709 as well and I have nothing but great things to say about it. It has become the best carry pistol I have owned. Very easy to shoot and fairly accurate. I highly reccommend it!! :yesway:

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I picked up my 709 from a local shop for $379 but most shops have them closer to $400 or a little over. Can't help you on the stainless slide as mine is blued but I love it and it is an accurate devil. Guns similar would be the Kel Tec 9 ($300 ish), Kahr 9 ($400 ish) but nothing quite as slim in its class that I know of.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Also anyone know ballpark prices? I'm thinking about the titanium slide. Worth the price diff whatever it is?

I paid $385 for my stainless 709 a couple of months ago. I don't think the titanium version is available yet - at least I've never seen one anywhere. You definitely want the stainless or titanium over the blue if you plan to carry it daily. There have been reports of durability issues on the blued finish. The only thing the titanium version gives you is an ounce or two lighter weight. I wouldn't wait for a titanium one myself. I'm quite happy with the stainless. I have over a thousand rounds through mine and it is my daily carry.

Top Bottom