• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    Well....we'll have to have us a shootin' match in Shelbyville. I think I got a kel tec p17 off thus fine feller that will take the bull out of that taurus. We'll call it the great "Shelbyville Shootout"

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Well....we'll have to have us a shootin' match in Shelbyville. I think I got a kel tec p17 off thus fine feller that will take the bull out of that taurus. We'll call it the great "Shelbyville Shootout"
    Im stuck at work all day this week and being the official clock operator and scorekeeper at triton middle school jeeps my evenings swamped. You are more than welcome to come grab it and put it through its paces whenever you would like.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Oh, I wasn't going to shoot...I'm sending my proxy...doddg!
    He’s at point blank now with a new lcp 2 22lr. I wanted him to tske my lcp
    In 22 and the new Taurus but he didn’t want to make the trip to shelbyville. It’s not really on the way from Wanamaker to greenwood but usually he does make the stop before and after to grab and drop off guns he wants to try.

22LRFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 9, 2022
    East Central Indiana
    So here’s my report. The first 5 shots were blazer. I had 3 malfunctions in those first 5 shots. I then let his big brother finish the remaining 45 round box. Up next was 200 rounds of mini mags. I had zero malfunctions. I followed that up with 50 rounds of Winchester x (which I’ve always had problems with), again no malfunctions. I ended the session with 50 rounds of blazer with no malfunctions. The last 100 rounds were shot one handed with a pretty casual grip on the gun. Shot the gun at 20 to 25 feet. Accuracy was good. I’m happy with its performs. Time to clean!! Hahah

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    So here’s my report. The first 5 shots were blazer. I had 3 malfunctions in those first 5 shots. I then let his big brother finish the remaining 45 round box. Up next was 200 rounds of mini mags. I had zero malfunctions. I followed that up with 50 rounds of Winchester x (which I’ve always had problems with), again no malfunctions. I ended the session with 50 rounds of blazer with no malfunctions. The last 100 rounds were shot one handed with a pretty casual grip on the gun. Shot the gun at 20 to 25 feet. Accuracy was good. I’m happy with its performs. Time to clean!! Hahah
    I don’t care what anyone says about Taurus. This is by far the best polymer 22.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Question for you you guys with TX's. Hopefully I can explain the basis of my question.

Let's say you are shooting a match and you get to the end of the course of fire and the RO goes through the "unload, show clear, hammer down commands.

So you drop your mag, rack the slide to eject the last round that is in the chamber: only that last round does not extract. This is what is happening to mine. I don't mind at my range as I can just send that last round down range and be done. But I doubt that range officers would look upon that very favorably.

Is this just the way they are? Or do I have a problem with mine? I plan on shooting some matches with it this year and don't want to run into problems with the range officers. Thanks.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    So you drop your mag, rack the slide to eject the last round that is in the chamber: only that last round does not extract. This is what is happening to mine. I don't mind at my range as I can just send that last round down range and be done. But I doubt that range officers would look upon that very favorably.
    Sending the last round downrange is legal in Steel Challenge and happens often.

Screenshot_2023-02-05-11-28-09-67_cdf9554d54b7d997e6807b0704c84dff_1.jpg

Make sure you get the RO's approval.

Full Steel Challenge rules:

I've seen it at USPSA matches also.

Making sure the gun is clear and safe is a priority.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Sending the last round downrange is legal in Steel Challenge and happens often.

View attachment 253126

Make sure you get the RO's approval.

Full Steel Challenge rules:

I've seen it at USPSA matches also.

Making sure the gun is clear and safe is a priority.
    I assume this is because rimfires rely on the pressure of the round going off to "help" push the casing back?

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Question for you you guys with TX's. Hopefully I can explain the basis of my question.

Let's say you are shooting a match and you get to the end of the course of fire and the RO goes through the "unload, show clear, hammer down commands.

Is this just the way they are? Or do I have a problem with mine? I plan on shooting some matches with it this year and don't want to run into problems with the range officers. Thanks.
    @gregkl

That is not normal with a TX22, but I have had it happen to me. The culprit was a small piece of hard carbon which was trapped in the cut for the extractor so that it did not fully grasp the rim.

I recommend a detail strip, gun scrubber, and a dental pick.

Mine hasn't had a hiccup before or since. While that little bit of debris was trapped under the extractor though, it was just a mess.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    @gregkl

That is not normal with a TX22, but I have had it happen to me. The culprit was a small piece of hard carbon which was trapped in the cut for the extractor so that it did not fully grasp the rim.

I recommend a detail strip, gun scrubber, and a dental pick.

Mine hasn't had a hiccup before or since. While that little bit of debris was trapped under the extractor though, it was just a mess.
    It is definitely dirty so I will put on my magnifiers and grab a dental pic and see how clean I can get it.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I would bet there’s some lead, dirt, grime, etc. on the extractor as mentioned above it is not normal for them to do that should be able to hand cycle and remove rounds with no problem.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Last night I stripped it down and removed the extractor, super cleaned everything up and tested it. It stripped the last round out just fine.

I am used to running my 9's forever between cleanings! I think I need to reconsider how dirty .22 can be and clean more often.

I found carbon deposits, slivers of copper, and powder residue all over.

I'll probably step it up to cleaning after every range session or maybe two.

Thanks for the help guys!

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Last night I stripped it down and removed the extractor, super cleaned everything up and tested it. It stripped the last round out just fine.

I am used to running my 9's forever between cleanings! I think I need to reconsider how dirty .22 can be and clean more often.

I found carbon deposits, slivers of copper, and powder residue all over.

I'll probably step it up to cleaning after every range session or maybe two.

Thanks for the help guys!
    Many of them can run dirty but it just takes a tiny piece of carbon located in right spot to throw things off. I clean mine after every time I shoot but it’s just because I live a boring life and enjoy the cleaning part almost as much as shooting.

Glad a cleaning fixed your problem. It’s a pretty common issue I’ve seen in all brands of 22. Gotta keep the extractor area clean

Top Bottom