Tavis Smiley just compared the Trayvon martin shooting to Sandy Hook!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Listening to Bill O'Reilly, Tavis Smiley just compared the reaction after Sandy Hook with the kids being white with the outrage and calls for action and the lack of reaction after the Trayvon martin shooting because he was black. Unbelievable! He further asked why the NRA isn't out there saying that if Trayvon had a gun, He might still be alive! Where do these loons come from? :n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b:

rotag84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Hamilton County
    For the sake of your own sanity, stop watching Fox, MSNBC, CNN, ABC et al... They are paid to stir the pot and keep the population divided and in a constant state of anxiety. It is how governments control populations today.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Tavis Smiley is a bigot and a racist. Watch his show sometime on PBS. It's enough to make your head spin like Linda Blair in the exorcist.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    For the sake of your own sanity, stop watching Fox, MSNBC, CNN, ABC et al... They are paid to stir the pot and keep the population divided and in a constant state of anxiety. It is how governments control populations today.

Exactly this. :yesway:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Anybody with a differing opinion is a racist! Stop taking in anything from the media outlets; INGO's political threads will provide more information to keep you better informed.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Hmm where was the concern here locally after the two black youths shot the 2 yr old baby in the stroller because the white momma did not have any money to give them during their robbery? How about Yingling shot in his driveway by the two black non neighborhood kids you better watch in Southport. I would like to find the grave of the Portugese slave dealer that brought this trouble onto the continent years ago and **** on it. Over four hundred years of trouble, not going to end in my lifetime, but I worry about my grandkids.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It seems to me anymore that any time a black person commits an act of violence against a white person s/he is a thug/gangsta/insert word. Any time a white person commits an act of violence against a black person s/he is a racist/skinhead/insert another word. It doesn't seem to matter whether this act of violence is in malice or in self defense. The assumptions remain. Violence comes in many different forms. Some of them (like with Mr Zimmerman) I believe to be completely justified, but they are still violent. The sooner we start taking skin color out of the equation the better off we will all be. A man shot another man is cold blood. A man shot another man in self defense. A woman got fired from her job. A child is troubled. Who cares what color is involved? I personally know some amazing white, black, brown, yellow, and red people. I also know some pretty crappy white, black, brown, yellow, and red people. Color is an asinine point in these scenarios. The "race wars" are beyond ridiculous. Situations in which people lose their lives over something stupid are no less tragic just because of the skin colors. As far as Mr Zimmerman goes, I believe he did what he thought was the right thing. If he were black and Trayvon had been white I would still feel the same. Pigmentation in your skin should have no bearing on anything.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Tavis Smiley is a bigot and a racist. Watch his show sometime on PBS. It's enough to make your head spin like Linda Blair in the exorcist.

Care to qualify the words "bigot" and "racist?" I have not seen anything from Smiley that would indicate such. If you believe he is wrong, and disagree, you can call it playing up "victimhood" or "butthurtness," but to go off the deep end, and use the terms you used, hardly makes you correct. So, I'm asking you to cite your sources that support your claim.

Last edited:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    "Pigmentation in your skin should have no bearing on anything. 'Has nothing to do with current realities.OJ was innocent and TM didn't attack GZ. Tribalism is alive and well.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    "Pigmentation in your skin should have no bearing on anything", was from Redneck Reject's post. Following words were my reply. I am having posting issues with INGO.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    IMO, Tavis is what I refer to as a soft racist. He plays to the feeling of victimization of blacks but he doesn't point any fingers directly.

He is an artist at making you feel like; "You, as a white person aren't bad, but there are white people out there that hate black people."

He talks about the "extreme" end of the TEA Party (wink wink, not you) or how "People in history hated black people.", or "We as a society may be racist and not even know it and here is why."

I like to listen to his show. I just have to separate fact from fiction. I think of it as a mental exercise.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh

In theory I agree with you, but the fact is that millions of people form their opinions based on these types of shows. I end up watching bits and pieces of both sides because I think that you have to be informed of what the "opposition" is putting out there. The days of reporting the news are gone, these outlets create the news to fit their political agenda.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Listening to Bill O'Reilly, Tavis Smiley just compared the reaction after Sandy Hook with the kids being white with the outrage and calls for action and the lack of reaction after the Trayvon martin shooting because he was black. Unbelievable! He further asked why the NRA isn't out there saying that if Trayvon had a gun, He might still be alive! Where do these loons come from? :n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b:

First, I suppose Sandy Hook would have been less an outrage if 20 kids and 6 teachers were beating the **** out of that guy and he had to shoot them in self defense. Bizzare, but not so much an outrage.

Second, if Trayvon were legal to carry, I suspect that the NRA would support that. And, statistically, probably both he and Zimmerman would be alive and possibly would never have met.

Tavis' problem is that he blindly believes the part where people who look most like him are the victims in this case. He did say Z "stalked and gunned down", for which there is no evidence.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Care to qualify the words "bigot" and "racist?" I have not seen anything from Smiley that would indicate such. If you believe he is wrong, and disagree, you can call it playing up "victimhood" or "butthurtness," but to go off the deep end, and use the terms you used, hardly makes you correct. So, I'm asking you to cite your sources that support your claim.

TheFreeDictionary said:
    Bigot:
    One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

If you've seen Tavist speak lately, in just about any public setting, he fits this definition precisely.

TheFreeDictionary said:
    Racism:

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

I don't think that definition #1 applies to Tavist. But #2 definitely does. His racial prejudice clearly shows in that, rather than believing the evidence presented in what he admitted was a fair trial, he chooses to believe a lie that tends to advance the cause of his people by claiming victimhood.

Mgderf is spot on. Tavist is a racist and bigot.

Top Bottom